1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Silverstone Fortress FT02 coming soon!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by elstado, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DNX

DNX Member

Just noticed that they have listed the FT02 black/silver without window on Entacom.com.au website but no stock atm.

2. Buttocks

Buttocks Member

+10 for effort. By the way, the thumbscrews are completely concealed when the top cover is on.

May I ask who are selling the custom parts?

3. DNX

DNX Member

Got the Case, Aero slots, CP05's from Entacom and the rest from Ebay (Dicko from these forums has an Ebay store).

4. Avariel

Avariel Member

where are people getting the Sliver ones from, cant find anything up here in Qld atm >< dont really wanna pay shipping on a case

5. proffesso

proffesso Member

can someone measure the guts of this case? i want to know the max size internally in x/y dimensions

6. OP
    OP
    elstado

elstado Member

Nice effort. Post pics once it's all assembled!

Same. Or a SSD.

It sucks that they are $300+ in WA, and if they have stock it's only the Black windowed version. :(

7. Buttocks

Buttocks Member

For the sake of explaining dimensions: You could fit a cube 420L x 305H x 180W mm without removing anything and before mounting the motherboard. (Or reduce the depth and height by 5-10mm to slide in a conceptual solid box past the lips at the opening. This doesn't count a small 5 mm bump in the motherboard tray behind where the PSU goes, but I also took the width from inside the lip at the opening, so there is a fraction more width to play with.)

It easily fits a Thermalright True Black 120 rev C onto a socket 1366 motherboard and CPU.

I had to pay $289 for mine in Sydney because the folks selling it for $282 wouldn't do pickup/free pickup or were too far away. An extra $10 is nothing to worry about.

I got pissed off with the wait myself and had taken a fresh look at everything ELSE on the market before I finally bought the Silverstone FT02B-W. My closest preference was an Antec 1200 but those were $235 anyway. I have absolutely no regrets, I am very happy with it. It shouts out quality. It makes a Coolermaster HAF seem like a cheap plastic toy. It makes my Antec Sonata look cheap and boring also. It is a BIG case though. Think Antec 1200 laying on it's front.

If you buy good components (like an SSD that you will lose $200 on in 6-12 months time), this is the thing that will make it all look good. This case I think will last me 10 years, unless ATX dies. BTX didn't kill ATX, so I don't think anything else will in a hurry.

If you don't mind having a full tower case size, go on, buy it! ;)

8. OP
    OP
    elstado

elstado Member

SSDs have actually been going up in price for the past 6 months due to high demand and low supply.

But I see your point, a good quality case is almost timeless and will last through many upgrades and systems, where a cheap $90 one will break, fall apart or look incredibly tacky and outdated after only a couple of years. :thumbup:

9. Buttocks

Buttocks Member

That they have, in Australia for sure.

I was watching the x25-m and have given up now. I'm keeping an eye on the 128Mb Crucial RealSSD C300 due on Feb 22 at US$400. My mobo supports 6Gbps SATA and that is the only SSD reviewed so far that can really utilise the speed.

It would be a bad investment though. Intel x25-m prices have recently come down a little in $US price. Competitors are finally producing SSD's as good as the x25-m, which means price competition at last. By the end of the year Intel should release a newer faster drive, in greater numbers and a step down in price. We might see 25nm flash products too. See Anandtech - Intel & Micron Announce 25nm NAND Flash Production, SSDs to get Bigger/Cheaper in Q4

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  10. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

Is there a model with no side window? Appears they all have side windows.

11. Buttocks

Buttocks Member

FT02B (not FT02B-W) and FT02S. More info in post #57.
    B = black, S = silver, W = window

12. Avariel

Avariel Member

Will it fit the bigger gpu cards out on the market, im thinking 5870/5970 ?

13. Buttocks

Buttocks Member

Ummm....

From Silverstone's website:

[​IMG]
    ATI Radeon HD 5970 in FT02 (Only just. You can see that the fan grill is removed from the middle fan.)

14. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

Say you get the silver case where on Earth are you going to find 5.25" DVD-RW or Blue ray writers with a silver face plate!

Or at least one of those 5.25" optical doors with a button that makes contact with the drives button in silver ?

15. DNX

DNX Member

Stealth Mod for FT02 using Lian Li Bezel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyAfvtjrfq0&feature=response_watch

16. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

17. DNX

DNX Member

18. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

Thanks.

Weird, I went into a PC shop Saturday and asked if they could get the FT02S version for me, the one that is supposedly without the Window?

They pulled up the description from the suppliers site and it had "side window" listed in the specs. This is contrary to people saying only "-W" edition have the windows.

Could anyone who has the FT02S confirm that indeed does not have a Window ?

19. DNX

DNX Member

FT02S and FT02B do not have a window.
    FT02S-W and FT02B-W have a window.

I would shop at a different PC store then as they definately don't know what they are talking about:)

Suppliers don't seem to have stock of the windowless versions yet. But they will be coming as a few stores have them listed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  20. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

Nothing to do with their knowledge really, they just opened up the specs/description for the FT02S model on the suppliers (altechs) website.

See for yourself:

http://altech.com.au/displayproduct.aspx

Click products>components

case>ATX and Micro ATX Chassis>SilverStone