New Sony A7RIII

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Michael H, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

Almost 6 months on and I'm really enjoying my A7RIII :) I got a Sigma MC-11 adapter for my birthday, which has made all but 1 of my Canon lenses (Tamron 150-600mm) available to me now. What's even more impressive is that even my old favourite Canon 100mm f2 (not macro) works with Eye AF. Happy days!

I finally solved a niggling problem with using the focus magnification for manual lenses. On my old A7II I could zoom in to make sure my subject was sharp, and then half shutter press would exit the zoom ready for me to take the photo. On the A7RIII it would stay locked in the zoom screen until I cycled through all the magnifications to exit the screen. It drove me nuts, but I finally found that it was because I had "AF in Focus Mag." turned on. Once I switched it off I was golden again! I picked up yet another old 50mm manual lens from Cameraholics on the weekend to add to my collection so the A7RIII is now a joy to use for all of my lenses.

2. BuD

BuD Member

Same still really enjoying mine. Going to NZ in a few weeks so been playing with the old amoint 16-35 for landscape. Looks like 24-38mm is the sweeter spot to use it at

3. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

Eye AF is the main reason I am considering jumping to Sony, and if our favorite lens works then that seals the deal.

4. BuD

BuD Member

It works really good. Just have to make sure you got good light though as once this game dim it will revert to mostly face only ext

5. HyRax1

HyRax1 ¡Viva la Resolutión!

If anyone has been sitting on the fence on the A7Riii (or needed a second one?), you can now pick it up from Georges Cameras for a paltry AUD$3775 - that's AUD$1224 saving over the RRP!

nisstrust likes this.
  6. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Finally received the first of my A7iii's today!!

Pbx_Jnr likes this.
  7. nisstrust

nisstrust Member

Where did you order from ?

8. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

CameraPro back in late June. Still waiting for a second one to come from Georges (I order about 2 weeks later).

9. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

Pbx_Jnr and nisstrust like this.
  10. Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

jeez that's a good price Squeezer! Better than the Nikon Z7 price ;) hahaha

11. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Very nice indeed. I am thinking my final kit will be 2 x A9's + 1 x A7R3.. hopefully we see more prices like that more often!

12. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

And as an added bonus got $80 or so back from Cash rewards ( currently at 2% )