1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

New Streaming setup questions

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by riccoo, Jul 8, 2020.

1. riccoo

riccoo Member

Hey all, moved into a new house and want to do a fresh stream setup,

currently i have this setup, gaming rig 9900k 2080ti send signal NDI to encoding rig 1800x 1070, currently i have one monitor on encoding rig and 2 monitors on gaming rig, see below image. i wanna swap from so many monitors to one big monitor above gaming monitor, but trying to figure out if i try find a monitor that does PBP, picture by picture so has 2 hdmis in and then splits the screen, or do i just get a normal monitor and then RDP into second pc and have it work that way.

im just worried RDPing in will tax my gaming rig

[​IMG]

2. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Even if rdp doesn't tax your gaming machine its just not that good of an option, its always gonna be kinda laggy when viewing and interacting with the screen through RDP. And if something goes majorly wrong on the stream pc you wont want to be screwing around trying to fix it through RDP and dealing with laggy inaccurate inputs, it will just frustrate you. 3-4 monitors are the best option.

( turn monitor 2 on its side, helps a lot if you want to run 2-3 windows on 1 monitor without it being squished )

edit : I also just noticed how old this post was :D

3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

RDP is not designed for performance. Use capture cards.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I use NDI.

5. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

hmmm really seems like a capture card is really the thing that you need. And also what you will find the most support for in the various streaming communities.

Options are getting better and better. The AV media cards seem to have the best pass through features. They even have one with 2 inputs so you can add a camera without needing another capture card.

6. juz88

juz88 Member

cant you do all of this with a few gfx cards and OBS?

if you really set on remoting into a machine use HP RGS.

7. connico

connico Member

Are you currently streaming in ultra wide? Don't most streamers stream in 16:9? Are you playing windowed?