New Tank for Fish Noob :)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Calis, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Calis

Calis Member

Had a smaller tank for some time now with Guppies and a Moor, decided to step up to an Aqua One 980.

Would love to go Marine but it's a big step up for a noob like me so maybe in the future.

For now it's a tropical setup and got a few fish happening so far including:

Guppies
    Moor
    2 x Molly
    3 x Silver Shark
    1 x Knife
    3 x Algae Eaters
    1 x Angelfish
    3 x Tiger Barb
    3 x Orange Barb
    2 x Platys
    1 x Fighter

Santa dropped off the decorations which I love and so far all the fish seem happy enough and arent bothering one another. I'd like a few snails in there and thats pretty much it I think. Kinda hard finding jaw dropping colour in the tropical fish range either that or Im looking in the wrong stores hehe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. Urban_Jungle

Urban_Jungle Member

Looks awesome. Maybe chuck in a couple of Bristle Nose to help with algae control and either paint the back black or stick on some cardboard to bring out the tank more.

3. japes

japes Member

My only piece of advice would be to get rid of the Silver Sharks asap :)

4. sharkmutiny

sharkmutiny Member

Do you have any idea where Santa got the decorations from? I am not really a huge fan of them, but love the sub and mines in yours!

5. OP
    OP
    Calis

Calis Member

Yeah mate it was from City Farmers in Joondalup. Most of the pet stores seem to have a series of very large ornaments of the military wreck variety ie submarine, aircraft carrier, ww2 plane, helicopter.

The sub really tickled my fancy and I only found out about the mines after I got it and got a kick out of it when the three sharks swam around ala Finding Nemo hehe.

6. usumgal

usumgal Member

I'm surprised that the fighter has lasted this long with the barbs and angels, but I think in the long run the tiger barbs will kill most of your stock.:)

7. OP
    OP
    Calis

Calis Member

All getting along quite nicely so far, they seem to swim in different levels and stay in different parts of the tank. If I see some aggro then into the spare tank they can go :)

8. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

nice tank there man

can definitely afford to get more fish in there considering the size