NEW TPG ADSL2+ 150GB $69.99 "Super" Plan Available Now

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Falls, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Jon187

Jon187 Member

2. Rogue

Rogue Old Member

All but the two cheapest ADLS2+ plans from TPG include a static IP. It's still not going to fix the rapidshare problem. That's due to a transparent proxy which all customers must use. This means that sites like Rapidshare who use an IP-based tracking system (which means it's inherently flawed to begin with) will see all TPG users as the same user.

TPG do not use "Optus exchanges". They use Telstra exchange space, but their own DSLAMs.

3. Paul Warren

Paul Warren Member

Then get something like this; http://draytek.com.au/products/Vigor2910.php

If you had two adsl2+ connections running at 24mb a second, you could run them both into the draytek for a 48mb connection :p

Impressive?

4. Maqqie

Maqqie New Member

Just cancelled my Telstra ADSL today and glad I did. Now TPG can start processing my application. It was funny, on the phone the Telstra operator was trying to convince me to stay with Telstra and she was asking why I am want to switch etc. I basically told her Telstra is a complete rip off and there are numerous ISPs out there that provider better value for money. She was having such a hard time trying to promote Telstra's good points hahaha.

Anyways, in the mean time I have to siphon my internet from my sister (who's on the 3GB ADSL 2+ TPG plan). BIIIG difference between my 64k capped ADSL speed and uncapped ADSL 2+ speed... OCAU's forums load up in a split second instead of taking 5 - 6 seconds.

5. neo323

neo323 Member

i could get a static ip but i don't think that will fix the issue since from what i understand you still run through the transparent proxy

i was originally looking at a dynalink since i know some people that have them but from what they tell me the wireless antenna cant be changed (i have a decent external one mounted in computer room) and thats what put me off using them

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  6. stmok

stmok Member

It doesn't quite work that way. To achieve like you make out (double speed), requires cooperation with an ISP and lots of money. You can't send data packets out through one ISP and receive from the other.

The larger bandwidth this solution provides, works well under specific scenarios. (say using a download manager or when you have a crapload of folks on the LAN).

7. Chocco

Chocco Member

Hmm just rolled my plans over and this new baby kicks in on the 12th!

So eager to get this rollin...Im goin to try and get capped in the first month just to see if its possible!!

8. the pom

the pom Member

of course it's possible!!! I can d/l 1GB in well under an hour on my current ADSL2+ plan with iinet, so in theory you could get capped very easily in a few days just by queuing up a few d/ls and leaving it!

of course, I'm not sure I could find 150GB of stuff I actually want to download every month, but it's certainly possible!!! :D

9. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

well i manage to crack 120gb a month a regular basis... as in... every month... this month for example.. i have already done 100gb from the 28th of last month to today... i am screwed now as i pretty much have to download nothing for a couple weeks :(

i am current with iinet on the old 60/60 plan (now only available to business users)

i am very tempted by this plan... as i would love to save money... and get more usage as i would def use it.

i am just so worried about all the crap i hear about TPG...

10. Rollsta

Rollsta Member

What crap do you hear about TPG?

11. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

that it is unreliable... that it is slow...

thats really enough to make me think twice...

12. Rollsta

Rollsta Member

Just disconnected my optus phoneline. Cable net should still be working right?

Anyway changing to telstra copper phone lines soon....
    Does anyone know where else i can get filters besides from TPG?

13. cosmicjester

cosmicjester Member

you mean the filters for the adsl line right? just do to dickys or anywhere like that and ask for one, should only cost about 10 bucks or less

14. Rollsta

Rollsta Member

Cheers, is there any difference in brands, eg. quality or something i should be aware of?
    I'm having troubles tossing up between a central splitter and some filters..

15. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

nearly any pc shop... if u r getting a modem from tpg it will most likely have one too

16. dicer

dicer Member

Cable is separate so yes. Dick smith / PC stores sell phone line filters for ADSL.

17. Rollsta

Rollsta Member

Sweet as.
    Now i need a modem, was looking at the one on the TPG site for $160
    http://www.netcomm.com.au/ADSL/NB5plus4W_new.php
    Anyone used this one before?
    Or have one they highly recommend from shops rather than bought straight from TPG?
    Cheers

18. vec

vec (Taking a Break)

I just signed up for this plan today - upgrading from my existing adsl tpg connection.

TPG has been amazingly reliable for me over the last few years so I didn't particularly want to change. Hopefully this ADSL2+ plan will be just as good.

They actually said to me when i emailed them to change that the Super plan wasn't available due to a "systems upgrade". I mailed them back saying I would connect to the next plan down until the Super was ready again - they instantly mailed me back and said the Super was ready to go.

Hopefully this confusion doesn't lead to worse things!

bring on 150GB / month!

19. bcprowor

bcprowor Member

hey guys
    im using a ADSL 1 modem atm with my ADSL 2+ connection on the 30GB plan
    i sometimes get cut-outs from the service when both my PC's are connected on the adsl 1 modem.
    should i upgrade the modem to adsl 2 + modem?
    i didnt find the need to upgrade further because my max speed is 3mbs

20. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

thats the sort of thing i mean tho... systems upgrade... does that mean they can't handle it already?