NEW TPG ADSL2+ 150GB $69.99 "Super" Plan Available Now

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Falls, Jun 7, 2007.

1. dahurldog

dahurldog Member

telstra just rang us

they just offered us adsl2 unlimited (true unlimited) for $90 per month

they talked to my room-mate who is a computer dude too and he couldnt believe it but i wasnt at home so he didnt say that he would do it and they are ringing back tomorrow

seriously, wtf - this has to be bs surely theres got to be a catch

2. OP
    OP
    Falls

Falls Member

I would read and triple check everything "unlimited" with telstra and many ISP's mean usually you get shaped after certain amount of GB.

Just like most ISP including TPG you download eg 30gb then shaped. but you could say its unlimited.

F.

3. davidw89

davidw89 Member

This plan is good but i'd doubt it would last at the end of this year as i am also preparing to churn @ december

4. Fettrix

Fettrix Member

I'm currently with netspace, an I'm considering going over to this TPG plan.

Line of Sight: 1528 m
    Estimated Cable: 2216 m
    Estimated Attenuation: 31
    Estimated Maximum Speed: 12666

With that EMS is that meant to read as 12mb/s? Or is it slower than that.

5. MichaelMR2

MichaelMR2 Member

I currently connect at around 20000 what I'd be tempted to churn accross for is they're increased upload...I'd love 2500 up

6. rubix

rubix Member

Gah, my exchange if full. :(

Is there a waiting list you can go on or something?

7. Redux

Redux Member

Hmm... for you guys that upgraded your current plans to this - did you have to renew your contract?

The terms and conditions aren't very clear.

8. xtortion

xtortion Member

Hi guys, is this about right or I'm extremely getting slow speeds? :confused:

9. Rezin

Rezin Member

I guess those figures are as they say and are only estimates so don't take them as gospel - you may want to look into a multi-threaded download manager.

10. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

where abouts u testing from... go to speedtest.net and run a speed test... as that does look rather slow

11. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

not exactly... 12666 is your estimated sync speed... my guess is you'll download things around 1mb-1.3mb/sec... but then again it all depends on where u download from

guys i wouldn't take that estimated maximum speed thing very seriously... i did it for mine last night and it said that my EMS was about 2500... and i sync between 5000 and 6000 easily... 7000-8000 with slight stability issues... and it reckons i'm about 3.6k's from the exchange

12. Fettrix

Fettrix Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'm a little hesitant with switching providers as no one ever realy gives any specific ISP a good plug, and whirlpool has alot of negativity in most of the ISP forums. This TPG offer seems a little too good to be true.

13. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

i'm planning on staying put for a month or two... watch how it goes...

i only want to change to save money... the extra quota would just be a bonus (and i'm sure i'd use it... lol)

14. Chocco

Chocco Member

wat do you mean to good to be true? Im on the plan and its great! regardless of the peak times and wat not...

150gig a month for the price of 30 gig a month....

You would be stupid not to go on this plan

15. Head

Head Member

Until a couple of months down the track and TPG discover this plan is unsustainable & can it or the price sky rockets. Seen it happen to many times already. Get on it while you can just don't expect it to last.

16. stupidme

stupidme Member

from track record, tpg doesn't change their price or force you to join a new plan until the contract term is over. if they decided it unfeasible/cancel the plan (eg the 1500 unlimited about 100) you'll ride it till the term is over then you move to another isp or choose a different plan with them

i would hop on this plan asap if they only have it available in perth. maybe make it a 2 yrs contract if it possible since i can alway change the plan during the contract period. then if tpg decide to axes the plan still have it for two yrs.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  17. Chocco

Chocco Member

When I sign the 18month contract is stay like that for 18 months...

THats just like you signing a 24 month contract with vodafone paying 1 dollar a month then they say umm no the NEW contracts are 10 dollars per month now...You stay locked in the contract you sign until its over or you cancel

18. Rezin

Rezin Member

Their terms and conditions may say otherwise. Recently with iiNet there were some changes to their plans and they gave you the option of exiting the contract without penalty or staying on with the new prices.

19. kogi

kogi Member

Not when there isn't enough bandwidth and the speeds turn to mud. Then your stuck in the poo until the end of the 18 months

kogi

20. Kataton1c

Kataton1c Member

When TPG did the same sort of thing with their 1500mbps plans, they honoured the remainder of people's contracts however, wouldn't renew it, which is fair enough.