Next-gen Nintendo Wii U Announced

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by thebranded, Apr 15, 2011.

1. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Yeah that traditional style, instead of the Galaxy look, which I'm glad to have. Like Mario 3D Land.

I'd get it no matter what scores it got.

2. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Lol destructoid already did it with zelda: a link between worlds

Well I'll decide after I've played it :) Personally I really want a Mario 64 type game again. I haven't played the 'new super mario bros' games because I didn't think I'd like them as much as classic mario or mario 64. But seeing the youtube vids of gameplay and having good reviews across the board convinced me to buy this. I hope it's as good as the reviews claim!

3. claf-43

claf-43 Member

The New Mario series are very much a great throwback to the 2D routes...

They sell very well. Including the original console one on Wii.

But as a launch title it's probably a let down, so it gets judged harshly.

Gamespot did it with a recent Zelda too, possibly Skyward Sword. It's a bit rediculous when most reviews point to 95% or so, and then you get one around 50% for example, saying the controls are broken... Nintendo even responded to that and created a tutorial video for that reviewer :lol:

4. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Hmm, I might have to try them over the summer holidays. On A Link Between Worlds scrolling through metacritic, ~3/4 of reviews are >90%, the other 1/4 are between 80-90%, then there's destructoid sitting alone at 65 :p

Still, I don't like to put all my trust in reviews, I prefer to play for myself. There are some games that get rubbish reviews that I've loved, and others that get great reviews that I find crap.

5. claf-43

claf-43 Member

True, usually you can get a decent consensus from Metacritic though, having said that if you don't like the Genre it doesnt matter what it scores.

6. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

3D World looks to be arguably better than any game launching with the PS4 and XBOne. Props to Nintendo for releasing it during the shitstorm of next gen wank of this week.

7. claf-43

claf-43 Member

So apparently Mario will be $64 at Big W this Saturday....

Just cancelled my online order, which was about $61 shipped.

8. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Wooo my zelda wii U bundle just arrived :D

First impressions
    -Gamepad screen is very crisp and looks great, I was worried I'd be annoyed at the resolution after getting used to super high res ipad/phones, but it's awesome
    -I can't play yet cos the damn thing is doing some mega update taking ages, but this isn't too bad cos it's forcing me to let the gamepad charge up properly
    -Wii looks so much better in 1080p

So far I have ordered a physical copy of wind waker HD, as well as pre-ordered super mario 3d world, and got a wii u pro controller, a wii remote plus, the nintendo gamepad extended battery, and an energizer wii remote charging dock.

So far it all seems awesome :)

9. AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

I went to EBgames Maddington (WA) the other day, picked up Rayman for $28 :thumbup: anyhoo the funny thing I saw was that the WiiU games and the Wii games were all mixed together :shock:
    I said to the guy that its a bit silly with the two consoles mixed together as dont you guys already have enough trouble with mixups. Is that a ploy?
    Rayman is probably my favorite out of the lot for me.

10. KLoNe

KLoNe Member

I'm thinking about picking it up for that price too. I've got it for 360 but haven't really played it. Lots of people have said it's best on the Wii U.

EDIT: I bought ZombiU yesterday from EB games - when I got to the counter the girl looked at the case and said: "Woah, this must be new I've never seen it before - I love Zombie games!" Found it little strange.

11. miffu

miffu Member

What are the chances of this bundle coming out here? Looking at buying a console soon and not sure what my best options is?

12. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Super Mario 3D World is just pure awesome. I'm loving it so far. It's even better if you play with other people, I got my brother and sister to jump in on a few levels and it was heaps of fun, haven't played something with such good local console multiplayer in years, we were pretty much smiling and laughing non stop. Definitely deserving of the epic reviews it has got :)

13. Refl3ct

Refl3ct Member

That bundle is a nice one. Would definitely make me consider... Hmmm. Looks unlikely been this close to Christmas with no announcement. Maybe some places will replicate the package minus the hat etc. at a decent price.

14. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Pretty sure Zelda: Link to the Past will be available this week (if it's not already).

I think I need to only pay the upgrade price :thumbup:

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

I went through the first world of Super Mario 3D World tonight with MrsBS. Good times.

16. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

My partner and I have been playing through each night, it's great to have a Mario game that works with the multilayer stuff and is easy enough for the less gamer types to play, although she has been playing it herself sometimes and seems to like it.

17. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

Does anyone else have issues with the games not playing with the tiniest scratches on them. I gotta say thanks to EB games for their game guarantee. I have returned nintendoland and super mario u already after having them for two weeks due to tiny scratches and the wii u not playing them.

18. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Sounds more like an issue with your Wii U to me.

19. Kie

Kie Member

Looking forward to Mario 3D world and Wind Waker HD which I get next week! Lots of good Wii U games out atm, no good PS4 or XB1 ones, so why bother?

20. sSs

sSs Member

When playing Mario 3D World, It reminds me of Super Mario Brothers 2 on the NES. Awesome game!!