Next generataion iMac

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by ronald_r32, Oct 24, 2012.

1. anti_pop

anti_pop Member

Ahhh got ya. I understand what you mean. It certainly would be a shame if that was the case.

2. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Yeah from the side. But how often do you look at a screen from the side?

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Also the 27" is only 9.54kg. That's crazy light!

4. kally

kally Member

5,400rpm drives have no place in modern desktops. What are they thinking? Style way over substance.

5. aokman

aokman Member

says who? my coolspin drives are more than capable of churning out sufficient bandwidth. The 27" is a 7200rpm standard and they can all be optioned with hybrid SSD's, i believe their goals were to reduce power consumption significantly with the new models.

6. cyclonite

cyclonite Member

I'm also unconvinced by the Fusion drive. It's stupid that the smallest SSD-only setup is 768GB... that'll whack an extra $700-$1000 onto the configuratio :upset:

Anyone know if the Fusion setup can be pulled apart and kept as 2 discrete drives (it's still a separate mSata or similar SSD + mechanical disk after all) rather than this software guessing combination game?

I mean, a smaller SSD and then daisy as many mechanical drives off thunderbolt or USB 3 is such a better config!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012