Next step If you think you have a possible "hit song"

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by bangmango, Mar 16, 2012.

1. BigandY

BigandY Member

Just upload whatever you have ready now.

2. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

it better have a double kicker :lol:

3. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Huh. I could have sworn that song was about obtaining sausage rolls.

4. gloonk

gloonk Member

Get Pitbull to feature on it :/

5. CH^OS

CH^OS New Member

If you want more help, I'm more than happy to talk to you offline but can also share some insight here.

Firstly you need the track recorded and it'll need to be recorded well for you to sell to the big wigs anywhere that'll help you get noticed.

Start with small labels, if your willing to do the hard work yourself and get all the recording sorted, get onto smaller places and see if you can get a distribution deal just to get your sound out there and circulated. you'll need to market everything, including yourself and you'll need to market it hard.

Pick an image and sell it. your image is not only how you look but also how you act. it's important you choose something that is easy to maintain but is also appealing to the masses.

Get some pro help! if you can manage it, get in touch with every Australian producer, label, artist, anyone you can get the contact info for in the industry and ask them for help. usually someone will be kind enough to give some pointers or even listen to your track and give you some feedback.

I've been through all of this already with a few bands and know a few things about how this all works.

If you want more info just PM me and I'll give you me details. Sorry for not posting it here, but I'm just not keen to have everyone emailing me for help with their songs, I've got my own to worry about but am happy to make time for a few who ask the right way and aren't afraid of hard work.

6. OP
    OP
    bangmango

bangmango Member

Yeah,thanks very much for all the inputs and advice,hope it helps everyone..