NextCloud

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by BurningFeetMan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I'm looking into pushing my cloud data (not much data, just hobby projects that I need to sync between PC's/laptops and sometimes phone) into my hosted server.

Has anyone had much experience with NextCloud?

2. kwiztofa

kwiztofa Member

I've used it on a business level but if its a hobby just use Onedrive, dropbox.

3. Primüs

Primüs Member

I use Nextcloud at home - love it. Have the app to auto-backup my photos from my phone, have 2 laptops and a PC synced. Just super handy to have all docs on everything - I even hardlink config files etc into nextcloud so changes to apps and whatnot are synced between devices.

4. samus

samus Member

I've been using it's predecessor OwnCloud for many, many years in production, and it's actually really good. admittedly it's locked down to just file sync, but I have never been able to fault it.

5. davros123

davros123 Member

I have been playing owncloud for a while, but never with much success. Loaded nextcloud in a linux vm (from a .ova) and I must say I am impressed. It seems more stable and more usable than owncloud. It still needs a bunch of manual command line tuning but it's quite well documented and easy peasy.

The mobile app is pretty good. and there's alot of controls around sharing. It feels like very solid product and if you have nbn and a server, go for it.