nfs most wanted VS Carbon - which one to play

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Daedalus01, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Daedalus01

Daedalus01 Member

hi,

im wanting to play through a nfs game, which one should i buy? nfs most wanted or carbon? which one is more fun, better graphics, less annoying?

2. Ospi

Ospi Member

most wanted i liked better.

3. Frostyknight

Frostyknight Member

Most Wanted, definately. Carbon is too short.

4. Dezza Bot

Dezza Bot Member

neither, buy live for speed :D

mw is waay better than carbon

5. power

power Member

nother vote for Most Wanted!

6. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Another vote for Most Wanted. Far better then Carbon.

7. Nemeseeesss

Nemeseeesss Member

I have played both and found Most Wanted to be the most satisfying. Carbon only came out, and in such a rush, because of Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift. The concept behind Carbon is almost a follow on from Most wanted and would have been better labelled as a sequel/expansion for Most wanted.
    Most Wanted brings back the daytime/late afternoon races and graphically is pretty sweet. It has no drift so if you are into the drift racing then this might not be for you. It is more focussed on the racing side and has quite a few races between each 'blacklister'(boss types) which makes the game challenging as well as evading the police as part of your level progression. You can also race for pink slips or performance parts, enhacnements, mods for you car. Modifying your car has also been simplified to overall body instead of individual parts but it still has quite a range of different options.

Carbon goes back to the nightime races as well as adding 'canyon' battles with the 'bosses'. However with the limited number of bosses there is it is rather dissapointing. It does however also bring back drift racing as a main part of it that was missing in Most wanted, however as I have never been overly interested in the drift side and more the actual race side of things I was not overly fussed. It does have the new autosculpt feature which is a cool plus for carbon which lets you adjust the height depth width of just about anything that sticks out of your car. A big bonus for modding enthusiasts.

I prefer Most wanted overall for the racing, graphics and still being able to mod cars. Carbon had good modding features but feels like it is a shameless rip off/movie tying without the licence to Tokyo Drift/Initial D.

Hope that gives you plenty to think about.

8. i_often

i_often Member

I'm playing Carbon again and all the while I'm enjoying it, I'm still left thinking about Most Wanted. I miss it. I must get the game back.

9. Daexkor

Daexkor Member

Most Wanted was better. Carbon was finished way way too quickly and not as fun.

10. the _rick

the _rick Member

MW>>>>>>>>>carbon

same reasons as what others have said

11. FB008

FB008 Member

+1 for most wanted.

carbon needed more carbon, it sucked. cars that handled like trucks, ultra fag body kits and wtf wingman? and don't get me started on driftopoo...