NiceHash

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Agg, Dec 7, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Backing off on the NiceHash for now, I can't see the profitability turning around anytime soon.. and if it does I will buy something new to use with it. So I sold my EVGA card, still have the Zotac but might put it up for sale soon too. Got back pretty much exactly what I paid for the EVGA so not too sad about it. I like the idea of GPU mining and NiceHash but I guess I just missed the boat on it being worthwhile. :)

2. koss

koss Member

There is a chance the crypto market is starting a recovery. Bit too early to tell yet.

3. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Yeah I'm the same Sat watching it and started to late. Doesn't matter as I have my computer on all the time anyway. So I will just let it mine and see what happens.

4. shredder

shredder Member

If you mine at times like this, then it's best to stockpile the mined coins for later selling at higher prices.

5. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I'm still invested in crypto so will be part of any recovery.. but now I've recovered the cost of one of the GPUs (but still have the mining profit from it).

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Good idea but you cant do that with nicehash. So how do you work out which coin you can amass easily to hodl?

:)

7. shredder

shredder Member

The answer is easier said than done - basically, the same kind of due diligence you'd undertake if you were going to actually invest in that/those coin(s) directly.

8. im late

im late Member

Nicehash pays you in bitcoin, so you can "stockpile" the portion of the bitcoin you earn't. I mean, it is just like buying the same amount of bitcoin back on the 19th when it was 7398 USD.

Currently at 9086 USD. :)

9. AERO

AERO Member

ive been switching between am/mph and nicehash depending on whats paying a bit better at the time and there both hit and miss.
    the lat 24 hours ive found mph to be about 30-50c a day more profitable. sitting around the $4.47 mark. thats up from the $3.20 it ws doing for the majority of last week sometimes lower, it fluctuated a ton as well. this time its more stable and noticed its been mining the algo lyra2z. (on mph i get everything converted to eth apart from feathercoin which is only worth 25c a coin. some reason i wanna keep any i mine. thankfully ive only got one coin or so. haha.

since the 20th of jan ive only gotten about .011 btc and about .067 eth. so around $180 worth in todays currency. which is alright for a beginner. hopefully as or if it recovers i might make a bit more. but i wont be expanding my 1070 and 1080 mining operations.

please note quiet often im gaming on the 1080 so its not crunching while gaming so my figures are down a bit on that. but when i get into my training and worknig a bit more ill be leaving my pc unattended a bit more. :)

10. koss

koss Member

Yeah, but you might as well just buy BTC with the money you would spend on electricity mining, and you will have more BTC.

There is no point mining on Nicehash unless it covers you power cost.
    As for other pools, you could mine ETH and HODL in the hope it will rise back to it's former glory against BTC then cash in.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  11. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

How do you keep your nicehash earnings up? I tried locking it to the higher earning algorithms and it seems to earn less.

:(

12. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

You don't. Earnings are way down at the moment.

13. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

No I mean even now it earns more for a while then less then more ... cant we tinker the algo selection to keep it up?

14. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Watch it for a while and untick the crappy algorithms in the config. I think I only have neo, equi and daggerpascal enabled on my 1060.

15. Glitchlol

Glitchlol Member

Somehow my modem has dropped configuration while I'm overseas for the next 3 weeks. No idea how that even happens haha. Can't fix that remotely. RIP earnings for this month. Better than the power going out and coming back to a stinky freezer, I guess.

16. AERO

AERO Member

im about to go away for 3 days so that will be hopefully 3 days of uninterupted mining lol, as opposed to me playing games and slowing down the process haha :)

17. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

18. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Hi there well I have the Nicehash 2.0.2.0 on my computer all works fine and shows my balance and so on.
    I have the Legacy version on the same computer and when I stop 2 and Start Legacy it does not show my balance or anything.
    It does show the global rate
    Any idea as Nicehash just said there must be a big didn't tell me anyway to fix it.

19. gmturner

gmturner Member

sure your wallet address is right in legacy?

20. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Yeah logged in on their website then copied the address which is the one that is in the Nvidia version. Tomorrow I might delete everything Nicehash off the computers download them again and see if it works. It was okay till I updated to the latest version on both computers. Changed back to older version and it is the same no balance now.

EDIT: When I click on show stats online it does show my stats with the same Wallet address as in Legacy. Looks like if I let it mine for a little while it does add to my stats online just does not show them in the software.

Edit again: No idea what happened before I went to remove Nicehash and start again had a look this morning when I got home and the balance and everthing was there working perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018