Nintendo DS Lite Owners Club & Discussion

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by Skit, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

Yea, looks good.

Has thumb stick, sd card and what looks like an induction charger too. I'd like to know more about the hardware in it and what it can do.

I'd say the new pokemon black and white would probably be a release title too. It's in a "3d" perspective.

2. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

The graphics for it are quite nice. I suspect pokemon will just be DS title, given it comes out this year I think and 3ds doesn't have a release date. Apparently ocarina of time is being ported over in 3d along with some other N64 titles.

Bloody hell we Nintendo people are lazy aren't we. No big threads started for E3 announcements. Where's Digital Monkey when you need him? Guess he's not a Wii/DS man.

3. Reaper

Reaper Member

Posted elsewhere, in the regular games section:

http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/

nintendo

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. indierokkr

indierokkr Member

I can join the club :) I picked up a second hand lite with Pokemon Silver.

Looking forward to Golden Sun DS, Pokemon Black/White and I will probably pick up the zelda games.

5. L4ncer

L4ncer Member

When the hell is golden sun coming out, anyone know? I've been waiting forever damn it!

6. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Anyone here playing anything good?

I just started Dragon Quest IX (after only just almost finishing DQ IV) and love it so far :p Funny how you are a guardian spirit of the local town, yet can pillage the loot from houses lol.

Any other games out recently worth checking out?

re the DS3...i wanna see what other types of games come out, as it still seems to be in this current 3D fad...games could suck for we see so far...

7. Paul B

Paul B Member

I only got my new DSi XL last week but so far I am quite enjoying Monopoly and a few of those sorts of games, the newer games don't really do a lot for me and I look at my gaming as a way to relax and wind down which these games let me do.

8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

if you like DQIX they have DQIV and DQV for the ds. along with the ff remakes (3 isn't so good, but 4 is enjoyable imo). there's a whole bunch of japanese styled rpg's on the ds, all more or less enjoyable if you're into them.

A definite recent good game would be 999, not too sure if its released in aus yet though, games that aren't done by big names tend to take ages coming over. if at all.

9. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

Recently got my dust covered DS lite out and started playing this game after reading a few reviews about it. I have to say it's a very engaging, even though it's more of a visual novel than a game. Half the time it's just reading and experiencing the visual and sounds. Other half is solving puzzles in a room. It's similar to games like Hotel Dusk, but very different mood.

Unfortunately no AU/EU version right now.

10. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Also just played through 999 and it was damn addictive. Like mentioned it is a visual novel most of the time. Expect to read a lot and solve a few puzzles. Each of the 9 rooms has to be escaped, and there are mini puzzles in each room, some of which are damn hard.

One thing that shits me though is when I played it through the first time I made it to the submarine ending...which means it isnt the "true" ending....requiring you to go back and replay it through the game again if you want to know the truth. Having to sit through a lot of dialogue, and having so many variables, means you could be in for a very long time of reading the same stuff over and over.

Had a look at a walkthrough, and it seems there is a lot of set stuff you need to do in order to even get close, so while its a damn good game there are a LOT of issues i have with having to replay it.

11. Zodiac87

Zodiac87 Member

DS Lite member, had one since release. Shameless Animal Crossing player :p

12. mrthong

mrthong Member

13. xsive

xsive Member

Isn't that kind of ridiculous? An external controller forces greater distance between you and the screen. The 3DS is already small; you won't be able to see anything! :p

EDIT: I also find the idea kind of offensive; PlayStation junk has no place near anything from the House of Mario :p

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  14. xsive

xsive Member

So I was in my local JB last night and I picked up Etrian Odyssey and Flower, Sun and Rain. Both were marked down to $10ea (new!) so quite the bargain. I also picked up a used copy of Locke's Quest. I don't normally buy used games but this one was marked down to $4 so I figured what the hell.

When I get to the checkout, the story gets even better: Flower, Sun and Rain is reduced to $2.50 (again, new!) and there is a 20%-off sale on all video games. Grand total: $13.20.

Amazing.

15. Mr_LeE

Mr_LeE Member

Please add me to the list! I just discovered this thread!

I'm still playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I bought 2 copies of A1, for my ds lite, but my friends wont play it with me :(.

Man I love TRPG. still yet to discover Tactics Ogre!

edit.

Anyone here still playing FFTA2?

16. Boneman

Boneman Member

Hooked on Dragon Quest IX currently. :leet:

17. Vex81

Vex81 Member

Thread resurrection!

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I'm thinking about getting a DS Lite tomorrow as they're incredibly cheap at EB Games these days. Further, the main motivation behind my productivity breaking decision is Pokemon. Which Pokemon version would you suggest I pick up? It will be my first.

Thanks.

18. Vex81

Vex81 Member

Nevermind. I bought the GBA versions of Leaf Green and Fire Red. :thumbup:

19. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So err, recently joined the DS Lite club! :D

(Actually by mistake - I wasn't paying attention) :D

It's a purple beauty ;)

Got it with the console, like, a fuck tonn of styluses, 2 games and a charging station.

Played a little bit of Super Mario Brothers this morning, was pretty cool. More keen on Mario Kart and/or Pokemon. Just having trouble sourcing games... haha