Nintendo Labo

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by MrBS, Jan 18, 2018.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

"Ocarina of Time" and "Majora's Mask" got remastered on 3DS. Higher res graphics and textures, fixed up some annoyances with the menus, and smooth 60FPS.

Worth picking up if you're a fan.

2. power

power Member

you need to look at the Wii U e-store. :)

3. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

OOT - Breath of the Wild
    Mario 64 - Odessey.
    Goldeneye, DKC, BJ. - not going to happen, all ownership is with Microsoft when they purchased Rare in the early 2000's

4. magius

magius Member

Maybe time to roll out the 3d printers! :leet:

5. samos

samos Member

Problem is I don't like playing on handhelds. I like playing on a big TV screen.

I actually looked into this (connecting a 3DS to a TV) and it looked like too much of an effort. Would just pay for it if they came out on the Switch. No questions asked.

Don't tell me....

I don't have the Wii-U anymore. I had to cull, too many consoles here. Currently have the PS4 and Switch. That covers 90% of gaming! Until the PC gets an upgrade!

6. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Yeah, I get that. I'm somewhat the same, but I have to say, the 3DS XL is nice, with it's slightly larger screen. And I do play my Switch as a handheld once in a blue moon (typically when the rest of the family are hogging all the TVs in the house).

7. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

Picked up the kits today, anyone else?

8. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Let us know if labo is actually fun or even keeps the kids entertained

9. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

Kids? :p

PahMan likes this.
  10. PahMan

PahMan Member

And any notes on the build quality too. Reviewers have mentioned the design is quite hardy but it’d be nice to hear how it handles child abuse.

11. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

Is it sturdy enough to beat your children with?

12. PahMan

PahMan Member

It’s a toy though, by definition you were just playing a game.

fredhoon likes this.
  13. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Bit judgemental there old fella!

14. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

First two projects done, the RC cars and the fishing rod. It's fun to put them together, quite ingenious how sheets of cardboard end up being so much more. That said if you children like to break stuff for the sake of it this will break, if children or adults for that matter are too careless with these things they will break too. It's sturdy enough, there is some durability, so you don't have to treat it like glass, but it won’t take a lot to break.

Will be doing some more next week :)

15. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

I bought the Labo Variety Kit.

The overall quality of all the pieces seems quite good, they fold together nicely with support in the right place.

I think they will last for a few months though, then start to fall apart.

I have built everything except the piano, here is a brief review of each part.

Labo Builds
    RC Car
    - This was the first build and by far the quickest (10 Minutes), the overall quality of this piece seems pretty good as you do not physically touch it at all, the Joy-cons sit in the sides but are quite loosey goosey, Overall this build gets boring fast.

Fishing Rod - The fishing rod takes a considerably longer time to build (1.5 Hours) as you build the rod and the "Ocean" to house the switch, The house the switch sits in is quite sturdy and feels great, the rod feels nice and sturdy but the ring pulls the line go through on mine are already bending due to use (around 4 hours use), the fishing game itself can be quite fun, using rubber bands and the string you get a nice sense of force feedback from the fish.

House - The house is a fun and interesting build to achieve (2 hours), First you build the house which is slightly difficult. After the house is built you need to build 4x objects to insert inside the house, These objects are also difficult to build and i get a sense they will not last long at all, The house game itself has been a huge hit with my 5yr old daughter and she loves it, by inserting a device you built into the side things happen on the screen. This build was the first time i had to use stickers which were not easy to get right...

Motorbike - The motorbike was a fun build to complete (1.5 hours), You start by building the handlebars first then it all comes together, this build by far feels the most sturdy as you have to roll cardboard up to make it stronger, i think this piece will last alot longer then all the others. The game itself isnt great though, my daughter had no interest in it at all and even myself i had 2 races and i doubt id ever play it again.

Piano - The piano was by far the longest build (2.2 hours), You build the piano box/shell then have to build all the keys etc and use a shit load of stickers, but the sad thing the piano feels terrible, i dont see it lasting long at all, the keys dont even lock into place. the piano game itself isnt great also

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  16. PahMan

PahMan Member

Nice reviews so far. I’m holding off on buying atm only because work is so busy. I won’t have a chance to assemble anything for a few weeks and having it in front of me would just be frustrating :mad:

17. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

yeah plan for around 8-9 hours to build the lot..

18. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

finished the piano, put a brief review above.
    +
    My whole labo experience is pretty underwhelming, 8+ hours and the games are like a 1-2 play maximum