Nintendo Switch - March 3 2017 - $US299 - $AU469.95 RRP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by power, Mar 17, 2015.

1. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I'll always grab Mario Kart 64 on VC because it is essential for life to always have a way to play Mario Kart 64. Other than that I agree. I don't need yet another copy of Super Metroid. I've bought it enough times. I may feel a little differently when I have my switch, as it being a portable console may mean there are a few classic titles that would be nice to carry around. Some old Megaman for example I'd be pretty keen to have on the go.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Mario Kart 64 requires N64 controllers to feel like Mario Kart 64.

Solution never sell your N64.

3. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

We have 3 N64s and multiple spare controllers. A mate even sent away one of the controllers for repair because it was his favourite.
    Although my friends hate me for it, I actually prefer to play it on Virtual Console. The identical game, with a non terrible joystick, with a slightly higher resolution so you can actually see things on the screen might be a better experience. I could never convince them. Like you say its just not MK if you aren't holding a transparent purple controller with a floppy joystick.

4. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

see now that's true love.

it's not MK if you can't kick the cab.

retro>emulation.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  5. miicah

miicah Member

I like your friends already.

6. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Bundle at BigW for Console + Zelda or Console + 1,2 switch.

7. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Review units appear to be having controller sync issues - jeebus you'd think they'd have that nailed down at this late stage - going to be a day one patch for the device (because of course there bloody is) hope they patch the sync issue. Also that their servers are ready to serve the day one (we all remember the WiiU and PS4 day ones?)

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/14711932/nintendo-switch-joy-con-issues-desynching

8. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

Dont forget they are using the same battery manufacturer as the Samsung grenade (note 7)

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

the note 7 that had grenading batteries from 2 completely different manufacturers.

10. Ospi

Ospi Member

Damn, the previews for Zelda are beyond hype levels of hype, sounds like it might be another OoT.

11. Rockman.EXE

Rockman.EXE Member

......I think this'll result in a WiiU purchase of BotW, for me.

12. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Ultimately I decided on just grabbing BOTW for WiiU and holding off my Switch purchase until later in the year. BOTW is the only launch game I want anyway. Will have to wait on budget constraints to get a switch and hopefully by then there will be a good haul of games.

13. DuaNo

DuaNo Member

Is there a noticeable difference in graphics or gameplay between the wii and the switch for BOTW?

14. TheOneWhoIsMany

TheOneWhoIsMany Member

My Swtich was delivered today, luckily was working from home today so managed to get about 40 minutes into Zelda during lunch. It may be under powered by but this console has so much potential I really hope Nintendo manages to capitalise on it.

My thoughts so far
    - Great form factor I find it much more comfortable than the Wii U pad and the 3DS XL which I always accidentally hit the power button on. For the record I'm about 180 cm around average size.
    - Zelda graphics are impressive even though no where near as impressive as what I get on my PS4/PC obviously. Will benefit greatly from stylised games which something Nintendo does well hopefully other developers will learn from their example.
    - The Pro Controller is pretty cool, came with a USB C cable for charging which is nice.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

Just spent $330 on accessories and I wont have the console delivered for another week. I bungled this terribly :p

16. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Picked a Neon one up today for my Wifes birthday, along with Zelda.

Had it preordered at JB Hifi. Got there and asked to pricematch the Big W bundle. Guy said Big W aren completely sold out, so they don't have to, but he recognises me from buying bit of stuff there so he did it anyway.

17. Ospi

Ospi Member

Loving it thus far, taking some getting used to the performance after spending this past week playing witcher 3 maxed out at 100fps but the experience hasn't suffered. Zelda appears pretty great.

18. claf-43

claf-43 Member

So just bought one, and tried docking it... Nothing. No signal at all. Tried half a dozen hdmi cables, multiple inputs, different TV and monitor. Thanks. Awesome. Every setting imaginable I changed and checked. Reset my console as well.

Furious.

19. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I saw on a YouTube video that it won't dock until you've done setup on the thing itself.

20. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Definitely did that.