Nintendo Switch - March 3 2017 - $US299 - $AU469.95 RRP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by power, Mar 17, 2015.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Is there any pitfalls of buying a switch 2nd hand? Eg; you buy a 2nd hand iPhone, seller claims it's stolen and you end up with a brick

2. jpower

jpower Member

Yes it could be banned from Nintendo online (if they hacked it)

3. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

I am surprised that (at least in EB, JB etc) all of the themed controllers are wired only?

I would have assumed there would be a plethora of Pro controllers with all kinds of colour schemes available like there always were for N64, GCN, etc.

Am I looking in the wrong places?

4. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

don't be they are all shitty aftermarket "licensed" product they are all predominantly PDP and PowerA <---- LOOK for their logos and you will soon understand what you are looking at.

Nintendo have been massive dicks about aftermarket this generation (and to a degree the last as well) allowing the makers to ape their colour schemes and make them look like genuine (because they are officially licensed) on top of that fucking lazy when it comes to their own first party efforts. You are not looking in the wrong place Nintendo are doing this as far as I can tell to keep third parties interested.

It also makes any limited edition genuine Nintendo product VERY sought after afaik there's only the Splatoon, Smash and Xenoblade 2. Docks there are even less AND these are not available separately which is a dick move, cases I think they made a handful as well. It's a boon for aftermarkets but unfortunately most of them are inferior.

Stick to the real deal Pro, it's a pretty decent controller - just boring as fuck.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  5. sanjay

sanjay Member

im still trying to find a decent dock like the SFANS that works and wont blow up my switch...i use my switch inside a crystal case which means it doesnt fit into the ordinary dock. :( i just play it handheld at the moment but it would be nice to plug it into the TV and see what all the fuss is about!

6. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

if you feel like destroying (taking apart) your dock there are alternate cases for the dock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ninten...ent-Dock-Case-Cover-with-Screws-/132185003744

7. sanjay

sanjay Member

8. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I would highly doubt it, problem is Nintendo followed no standards. At least the alternate dock case uses the original hardware so there is no risk of damage to your switch.

also the dock is just held together with screws so there's that.

this video explains the problem in detail

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  9. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Saw this when they announced it on FB.. pretty bummed about it, but obviously the in house team just couldn't get a metroid game in the style of prime to work. Giving it back to the original studio should mean a good game, but the delay will be huge since they're apparently starting from scratch.

11. Boneman

Boneman Member

Now everybody has a chance to play the trilogy.

12. elvis

It was being farmed out to Namco-Bandai AFAIK. Apparently there was some bad blood with Retro Studios for some reason (a few tweets suggested Retro were in bad financial shape too, staff being over worked, etc).

Sounds like typical modern game dev industry drama. Just a bummer that my favourite Nintendo franchise never gets its first-class-citizen treatment by its parent.

[edit]

And the memes begin.

m.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  13. samos

samos Member

I haven't turned on the Switch for ages. Have been waiting for another heavy hitting Nintendo release. Bugger about MP4.

14. elvis

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 8:48 AM
  15. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

read something about Labo based VR too - who on earth would use it i don't know imo the switch is just too heavy to have hanging in front of your face. that said if they pull it off.... yeah nah i can't see it being a good experince. unless they are planning on doing some kind of mini with a much better screen and that being the vr one. who knows.

i love the idea of reviving cancelled games on Switch. Unless the game was cancelled for good reason.

16. elvis

What they need is a little stand for it...

1200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg

simontifik likes this.
  17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I read rumours of a smaller switch, so maybe that's the pre-requisite to VR? I agree though, no thanks to it. I'm still not interested in VR and the only device i'd consider it on is my PC due to it's power and even then...meh.