Nintendo Switch - March 3 2017 - $US299 - $AU469.95 RRP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by power, Mar 17, 2015.

1. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

Anyone see any phat stock around Bankstown at all, got a lite but the missus wants to play too

2. simontifik

simontifik Member

I replaced the joysticks in my Joycons to fix the drift this evening. Bought one of the kits off ebay for about $20. It was not what I'd call a fun job, very fiddly to get the little ribbon cables in to place with a pair of tweezers. I find putting a PC together fiddly, this was a whole new level. Got it done though and everything is back together and working without drift.
    joycon kit.jpg left joycon.jpg

One of the joysticks isn't straight which is a bit annoying, it leans to the left. Can kinda see in the below pic. Have contacted the seller and hoping I can get a replacement.

Joycon.jpg
    [​IMG]

3. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I need to use a game voucher, and I'm tossing up between
    Donkey Kong COuntry Tropical Freeze and Luigi's Mansion 3 but Super Mario Odyssey ranks so high! Is it really that good?

I played a fair whack of DKC back in the day and love it. Never played any Luigi Mansion games. And played only a tiny amount of Super Mario 64 at mates houses back in the day (I never owned a N64, is Mario 64 even comparable?)

Help me, Ocau Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

4. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

I have tropical freeze and love it, if you enjoyed all the donkey kong country games you will enjoy this one too

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    NanoDuke likes this.
  5. simontifik

simontifik Member

Mario Odyssey is very good! I'm not a big fan of Mario games but I had a great time playing through Odyssey. There's loads of varied and fun mechanics when Mario possess enemies and things in the environment with Cappy. Its a joy to discover all the little tricks.

6. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Looks like Nintendo is trying to stem the tide, if these things get popular and out in the wild in numbers those massive attach rates and what must be incredibly profitable first party rehashes will be toast. estore would also be done.

Once it's lifecycle is over the Switch will be so popular for people to use with CFW's imo due to the deep and desirable library and I would say as these hacks develop, ease of use. We are only two years into life cycle and this is out there imagine it in another two.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...ourt-to-stop-sale-of-new-switch-hacking-tech/

7. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I've never heard of it, but now that I have i'd be almost tempted just so I don't have to use my cartridges at all. Most of my stuff is digital though. Though if i can't create folders then it'd still shit me like the Switch does already.

8. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

same guys that did the joycon exploit.

9. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Hadn't heard of that either :lol:

It's funny, they try so hard to control everything but people find a way. Just on the weekend i went in JB HiFi to see if there were any games released i might be interested in and walked past Switch section to see 'catologue special' or something plastered around them but Zelda BOTW was still like $69 or $79 :confused:

I don't support pirating. I can understand people thinking 'F U' to Nintendo though with those prices

10. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

NBA 2K20 is $5 atm. I've brought it but need to upgrade my 128GB sd card as i've run out of space :(

11. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I did some research and came across a few WSIB Reddit threads, which all said that while DK is good, Odyssey is great and the better option to start with. A few winning arguments were:
    * SMO would've been GOTY if it weren't for Zelda being released in the same year
    * DK isn't exactly worth the retail price / voucher

So bought it last night :)

12. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

BoTW and SMO made me so enthusiastic for the Switch as a platform. But then, yeah. Not much has happened since.

13. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Paper Mario looks good, but that's still a month or so away.

14. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

If anyone is after a brand new v2 nintendo switch delivered for $390 and has a Paypal account then you can get it from Catch.com.au

Paypal has 15% off Catch Gift cards. So purchase up to around $450-460 worth of gift cards ($9 for shipping i think).

you can also get more gift cards to buy the games there that are pretty decently priced for 15% off as well.

15. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Has the joycon drift been rectified by Nintendo? Mine are shocking. I want to replace them, but is there any point if the new ones will have the same issue down the track.

16. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

no it has not.

I would try and claim warranty. I would say you could push the retailer knowing that it's a widely known issue.

elvis likes this.
  17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

My SR & SL buttons as well as the LED's and sync button don't work on my right joycon anymore.

Apparently that's a common one and need to open it and try to reconnect or fiddle with the fragile ribbon to get it to work. Worst case you break the ribbon but no matter as it wasn't working anyway.

Love the switch, but i think Nintendo were fucking useless with making things well this generation.

asho444 likes this.
  18. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Had them since launch, and replaced the plastic housing with an aftermarket one, so I don't like my chances. :weirdo:

19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The price point of the switch is actually pretty absurd given the shitty materials and build quality... slightest bit of pressure and the whole thing is creaking - and how about that plastic screen...

20. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Given rate of mobile SoC advancement and it was under-powered to start with would love a 2020 flagship-class take on the internals as well. Imagine the iPad Pro SoC in there with active cooling.