"No audio device installed" Help

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by Marcel., Sep 2, 2007.

1. Marcel.

Marcel. Member

I installed my on board audio on my gigabyte S-series motherboard. it has been working fine ever since i got it. Now some applications suddenly say "No audio device installed" or something similar. Then it works again after i restart the computer.

Has anyone had this problem?
    How can i fix it?

:confused:

Thank you!

2. konvulse

konvulse Member

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers or something similar?

Since when has this occurred? Have you installed any new programs?

Try a system restore to another date.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  3. OP
    OP
    Marcel.

Marcel. Member

yes i have. but only to realize that after a few weeks it would come up with the same error, or something similar.

4. konvulse

konvulse Member

Few weeks? :S Maybe your computer is overheating or something similar. Do you have it overclocked?

What are the temps ? or something similar.

5. OP
    OP
    Marcel.

Marcel. Member

What could Oc have to do with sound configuration/recognition problems.
    My computer normally runs at 30c Degrees or something similar.
    i have not overclocked because the S-series hardly has the capability's... :thumbdn:

6. konvulse

konvulse Member

Overheating can cause problems with integrated peripherals. I would suggest downloading CoreTemp and telling us the temperature there while your CPU has 100% utilization. (Two SUPERPI's designated to both cores/A game that utilizes dual core).

Cheers

7. OP
    OP
    Marcel.

Marcel. Member

-30c Min
    -40c Max

-Superpi-
    +000h 01m 42s [2M]

Thank you for your advice but it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. :Paranoid:

8. Cererus

Cererus Member

Do you mean other apps can see the sound controller and use it after this message?
    sounds like some software you installed screws up the registry until reboot,
    haven't used one of those codec packs.
    Unusual that this only happens every week or so, maybe something isnt releasing the sound device properly and
    when the next app tries to use it you get the missing device message.
    Tried using the latest drivers from Gigabyte site ? or Realtek/Nvidia (not sure what's applicable for your board)
    You could go into device manager and unistall the audio driver, reboot, cancel all the found new HW popups when windows restarts
    then run the install audio driver on the OEM mobo disc or the updated one you downloaded.

9. OP
    OP
    Marcel.

Marcel. Member

Okay. Thank you for your advice ill try that now. I realized something, this glitch has been happening ever since i uninstalled "client services for netware" but i don't understand how that could coals this.

Also it happens after every time i log in. not every week or so. after a few hours, or sometimes i find when i open CS;S there is no sound, so i exit it and apps cant find the sound device.

10. OP
    OP
    Marcel.

Marcel. Member

It didn't work. :( there are to many things going wrong with my computer at the moment. i think its time to reformat. Thanks for your help!

11. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

Take this to the Troubleshooting forum for more help. My money is on a bad driver install, which would require hacking out the driver completely (including infs, pnfs) to get it back to working again. Audio drivers can be bitchy like that, and the number one culprit for doing it is a driver update from Windows Update.