1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Nerb

Nerb Member

I think ive got another hundred hours of gameplay before I can use portals. Its taken me 50 hours with this new version to get vehicles.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. andydev

andydev Member

I need some help.
    I just started now playing, and I've been following the tutorial, jumping from system to system, until I got to the 'anomaly' where it gave me a quest to research species... And that's where I am...
    What do I do now? Should I create a base in the nice looking planet with the lake that is next to the anomaly and start building up, or should I just start moving between systems to meet more species?

3. Nerb

Nerb Member

Just keep going to your log and selecting your tasks. When it says "meeting species", that is talking to the dudes in buildings on the planets. You will get jobs from those dudes and on it goes. "Meeting species" is effectively forcing you to see other parts of the game than just motoring to the centre.

4. millsy

millsy Member

Picked this up on the weekend, I can see me spending a lot of time mucking around with this game :D

Got super lucky and helped an alien with some trivial amount of oxygen (like 85) and they gave me an s class rifle so that's a handy early game boost. That and mining the scary "alien" creature eggs for easy cash.

5. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

scored this cool multitool

[​IMG]

Dwarfer66 and joerandom like this.
  6. ndt

ndt Member

After searching probably 30 or 40 manufacturing facilities, I’ve finally found all the recipes needed to make a superconductor. Dunno if you get the recipes from the base building missions(haven't started them) but have them now so time to earn some dough.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    joerandom likes this.
  7. joerandom

joerandom Member

Nice, I can't find the blueprints but I keep getting hundreds of the Special Carbon needed to make them raiding depos and as rewards so I just buy Semiconductors for $500k it's still $1.5Million profit. I've got base computers and teleporters at each place that sells them so I can teleport quickly.
    I also set up base computers at Alien Egg compounds, it's an easy 5 Million in 10 minutes. Do the rounds.

Currently hanging out at trading posts in opulent systems waiting for my squid ship. It's about 10% or less of all exotic S class.

ndt likes this.
  8. millsy

millsy Member

Saw on reddit you can skip the base computer thing and simply stand on an egg, I kinda hope they patch that because it feels a bit cheap :p

Had some good luck so far, 8 hours gameplay in and I've got an S class frigate, S class multitool, A class ship and ~4mil credits. Had most of those earlier on but been mucking around :p

9. ndt

ndt Member

Oh nice, didn't realize you could have multple base computers, thanks for that tip. Yeah, I also had a nice stock pile of enriched carbon by time I found the superconductor recipe. At the moment I'm just jumping between space stations buying all the nitrogen and sulphurine I can find to craft the semiconductors.

joerandom likes this.
  10. Nerb

Nerb Member

Are superconductors still the most profitable option? You can dig up large crates at ancient ruins an make a million in a few minutes without any resource use. signal booster->alien structure->ancient structure->dig and repeat. The paintings, sculptures, worms and crap you get sell between 800k and 1.1m. Maybe thats not as fast as superconductors though?

11. ndt

ndt Member

I guess it depends on where you are in the game. If you have the recipes, you can make 10 or 20mil in a few minutes just by hanging out in a space station and buying the needed ingredients. The ruin thing would be good if you didn't want to look for the recipes. Harvesting those egg things near the abandoned buildings is also good way to make some money(thats how I made my first few million) but gets annoying having to dodge those alien things.

Also, when I used to find crashed freighters I'd usually find $54k unit stashes in some of the crates but now I keep finding $250k stashes. Dunno if it was always like this and I just happened to keep finding low units or if the latest patched has upped the unit stashes but thats another good way to make some units.

12. joerandom

joerandom Member

Well, I recently discovered the duping bug with refinery and it's stupidly easy, use the Goog if you want to know. There is actually a couple of super obvious ways that multiplayer bought in as well.
    Just do a freighter mission, get something worth 5million, make infinite stacks.. If you need quick cash. But be warned it will ruin the experience.

13. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

New "experimental" patch out, lots of fixes

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Hopefully some optimisation.. Hoping Nvidia revisit it with drivers too now it's changed and popular. Some fps dips in weird spots sometimes without much going on. It's a pretty game but for how it looks it should run flawless.

15. millsy

millsy Member

I was quite surprised at the low FPS I got on my setup, I know there's a lot going on but it certainly didn't perform as I'd hoped, been looking at second hand 1070 to bump me up a bit >.>

16. power

power Member

this should help

millsy likes this.
  17. joerandom

joerandom Member

Where? No patch for me.

I was quite surprised at how well it performed, I get 60FPS on 4k all day everything ultra. 1080Ti

18. giles666

giles666 Member

You have to sign up for the 'experimental' branch to get the experimental patches. You're essentially beta testing for them.

Impressed that the rate they have been pushing out fixes and improvements.

Not sure I am super happy about the huge nerf to farming in this one. A small nerf is fair, since at the moment you can make too much money, but they've gone a bit too far.

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Sounds a bit unlikely unless it's really well optimised until 60fps and then goes to sleep. I get dips down to like 60-70fps in parts at 1440 not all on ultra.

Guess your pc is blessed by the pope?

20. Nerb

Nerb Member

You guys would be crying if you saw what is was like on PS4. I rekon I get 15fps when things start happening.

joerandom likes this.