1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

I found a B class fairly early on in the tutorial phase, the hardest part was actually fully repairing it

2. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I started out in a poor economy system, so most of the ships around were pretty crap. The main thing though was credits, just being able to afford a decent ship, even one just in the 5-10 million range. I got a huge boost at one point though, someone showed up in my session and dumped a bunch of stasis devices into my inventory, so I went from a low spec B class to several A class ships pretty quickly :) The few crashed ships I came across just weren't worth the effort to repair. Although I realised much later on that you didn't actually have to repair them, just enough to get it flying. You could then take it to a station/trading post and swap it for something equivalent, even all busted up it was still worth the same. Wonder if they've fixed that..

It shouldn't be too hard to get the credits up this time around, now I know how, at least assuming the trade system still works the same way.

3. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I'm on a 3700X/RTX2070/32GB 3200 DDR4 & average about 105 at 1440p. Lowest dips i've seen are low 80s

4. power

power Member

yeah 1440p has been no sweat for some time, 4K runs "ok" with dips. Not pleasant. Might have to fire it up again and give it another crack.

5. millsy

millsy Member

Is it still possible to get bulk cash from alien eggs?

6. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Seems so, and the aliens are a tad dumber now too

7. power

power Member

so performance feels the same, love the work they've been doing in the menu's though. 1440p is still a breeze but 4k less than ideal, which is a shame.

8. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Sort of, but not really. There's a game glitch where you can grab all the eggs, fly out into space past the first asteroid field, then return and all the eggs respawn so you can harvest them over and over. A stack of 5 is only worth 60k or so now. Better use for them now though is to put them in a refiner, they refine into nanites. Stack of 5 gets you 250 nanites.

9. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Damn i didn't know they nerfed the value boo

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I find the frame rate on all max settings to be pretty iffy at 1440p with a 1080. Have to have shadows turned down a step to keep it above 60

11. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah that's news to me, fortunately I cashed out early!

qwertylesh likes this.
  12. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

anyone else have the game not saving?

13. power

power Member

old game or new one?

14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Even after enter/exit the ship or saving at a save point? No.. it's been working normally for me both in my old save and the new one I started.

15. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

new game. save file is there but wont load, just goes back to the start, which sucks balls because i thought i had fixed it by verifying the files and now have lost a A class fighter which i spawned pretty much right on top of on my last try

16. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Now I know what's wrong. You don't deserve an A class fighter right from spawn, that's just unfair :p

Spyder6052 likes this.
  17. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Has anyone discovered a 'damaged panel' underneath a crashed freighter? I followed a marker to a cargo pod, but all that's here is a buckled door, a computer terminal, and buried decks of the freighter. I've looked around but other than the marker for 'damaged panel' there doesn't seem to be anything, nothing I can interact with?

Edit: Nevermind, mining laser opens it up. Had an invisible bit of terrain left in the way.

Well this sucks. They've fixed the 'trade in a busted ship for the price of a perfect ship' bug. Not really a bug, but clearly an OP game element. Picked up a crashed B class hauler, 16/30 slots damaged. Only 4mil trade in value vs 27mil for an equivalent good condition ship. Ah well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  18. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I found a freighter like that. Busted the damaged door with the mining laser, then I cracked the two crates inside containing 500k credits each. Nice little bonus xD

Atm i'm just going around looking for earth like worlds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    EvilGenius likes this.
  19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Playing again tonight and came across a nest of those evil critters with the eggs, they're crediting me 70K credits each again, rather than 60k for a stack of 5. Not sure how/why, but yeah, still decent money in them.

20. Ogre

Ogre Member

Not sure about the new update, but previously depending on the system the price would be different, and if you continually farmed them (or any item) the sell price in that system would go down because you were flooding the market.