No more throw ups :)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Dodge M4S, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Just thought id share this with anyone that have cats that throw up alot. ive been feeding my cats Fussy Cat Grainfree for over a week now (probably longer, my sense of time is odd) and they have not once thrown up (well, gizmo did but that was because he ate a bunch of string :Paranoid: ) but yeah, so far so good :)

fussy.jpg

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Is it expensive? (my cats don't throw up, but always on the lookout for decent tucker) (is there usually any grain in normal cat food, it's just meat or fish isn't it?)

3. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

4. OP
    OP
    Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

I have been buying it from IGA for $2.50 a can but on the Woolworths site its $1.88. tbh im not sure if cat food normally contains grain, all I know is that my cats are doing better with this food. Its a bit expensive, but at least the poor things are chucking up their guts anymore.

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

oh sure, that's good. I used to have to buy prescription diet for one of my other cats, luckily everybody at the moment is good with el cheapo (except for my little one, he gets kitten food which is a bit more pricey than the regular crap). I wonder what makes them spew? Often it's furballs, are they long-hair?

6. power

power Member

have you visited the vet? excess vomiting can cause dehydration and can be an indicator of a more serious condition.

also if you are looking for a cheap grain free food try "your majesty" brand from woolies (it's a woolies exclusive brand) shredded chicken and tuna are two favourites in our household. 70c a can too!

7. OP
    OP
    Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Yeah I've taken them to the vet numerous times and I've never gotten a clear answer. Even after the prescription diet they would still throw up after a while. They are both short hair but still throw up a hair ball every now and then but haven't yet since on this food. I used to buy the kitten food for gizmo when he was a baby too.

Thanks, I'll try the those out :) 70c is pretty cheap :o

8. brainbug

brainbug Member

I have a couple of cats who used to throw up after meals often. Didn't find anything wrong at the vet, food changes did nothing, but the vet suggested putting their bowls up a little higher so that they aren't leaning down to eat. Apparently it's easier for them to swallow and it doesn't get caught in their throat and come back up.

It actually solved my issue for my cats without having to change food or anything else.

Reaper likes this.
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

What were you feeding them beforehand?

Seems strange that you would have more than one cat throwing up.

10. Reaper

Reaper Member

Same. We have ours on a stand that's about ankle / lower shin height I suppose. Makes eating for it easier.

Ours still threw up a bit on that op listed tin as well, it does better with the fish version.