no usb after updating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Madchimp, May 13, 2020.

1. Madchimp

Madchimp Member

So I was half way through the setup for my Rift S and the system crashed. When it restarted, it installed a windows update. Now I have NO USB devices at all.

I have checked, and everything works fines in the bios and before getting into windows. I cannot do a single thing in windows as mouse, keyboard, everything do NOT work.

Tried unplugging and swapping ports, etc. Nothing

Ideas?

2. de_overfiend

de_overfiend Member

if usb devices work before windows loads then its a windows driver issue

You can either remove all usb devices in windows and reinstall the correct drivers and try again or you can reset windows or you can backup/format/reload windows

3. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Try starting in safe mode with networking... if mouse only works use CTRL + Win + O to display on screen keyboard or run the keyboard troubleshooter;

Go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Under Find and Fix Other Problems, select Keyboard.

If the keyboard works but not the mouse... you'll need to get creative with the Tab and Enter keys. ;)

Re-install/re-initialise the USB device drivers... or even try just scanning for new hardware.

Unless you happen to have an older PS/2 connection, keyboard and mouse?

Yeah not if the keyboard and mouse are not functioning in full mode.

JSmith

4. OP
    OP
    Madchimp

Madchimp Member

So it turns out that this issue only happens when the Oculus is plugged in at boot. As soon as I remove it, everything goes back to normal. And then when I plug the rift s back in (once booted) all is well till the next boot