Nokia Edge

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Reaper, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

2. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

It will be interesting to see how they go.
    I was really impressed with the Nokia Windows Phones. It was a shame that Windows Phone didn't take off, I still think it was superior to both other options available.

3. OP
    OP
    Reaper

Reaper Member

Yea, the windows phones are great, we still use them. One I've left on 8.1, mine I changed to 10. It's a waste though, they do feel abandoned. They make this os that is very phone centric, then what do they do? Cram it onto desktop where there is zero interface compatibility.

4. wullieb1

wullieb1 Member

Agreed. I still have a 930 kicking about and the build quality of the phone is fantastic. Would use the OS more but the lack of apps for me is a let down.

5. Sankari

Sankari Member

Nokia + Android is a match made in heaven. Nokia's build quality rules supreme. I can't wait to see what they're going to offer in 2017.

6. Hater

Hater Member

Half of the reason why the Windows Phone Nokia's were so good was Windows Mobile, I mean compare the HTC M8 Android vs. Windows - The Windows version is a far superior device, when comparing base hardware performance even though they're the same hardware.

Android will be the major thorn in the side of this new Nokia release.

7. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

So has there been any news on this phone yet? From what I read it seems really interesting however no talk of release dates or even a launch.

I can't seem to find anything new in the past couple of weeks.

8. clonex

clonex Member

Rumours were maybe April?

9. OP
    OP
    Reaper

Reaper Member

Should be coming. They released the Nokia 6, may be a regional release though, it's pretty high end, so they are making android phones.

I've had to change my plans slightly, my Microsoft phone decided to not accept screen input anymore, and battery is draining alarmingly fast even after a forced reboot. All I did was put it on the table after using it fine, go to use it the next day, it's rooted. I've got a Redmi 4 Prime on the way, so been without a phone so far since about last Saturday, should get it Monday.

So who made the Microsoft phone? The other windows phone we have is still going great, it's actually a nokia phone. Mine that died was a Microsoft phone.

10. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

The part of Nokia that Microsoft bought made the branded phones.