Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by vindicator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Damn_Good

Damn_Good Member

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

3. xpl0sive

xpl0sive Member

Wow, that sucks dude. I feel for you. I dropped mine as well, yesterday, after owning it for less than 2 days lol. Mine wasn't as bad as yours though as I didn't damage the screen thankfully, I just slightly chipped one of the corners of the body and lightly scraped another. I was cursing, but I guess I should consider myself lucky after what happened to you lol. Might try wet sanding the corners to smooth it out, although its barely noticeable without looking up close.

Anyway, I'm after a case as well. Maybe a TPU case in the same color as the phone so it blends in and doesn't make the phone look ugly. Really annoying that you can't seem to find cases locally for these things yet. I know it's still new, but these things should've been released with covers ready to go, as its like holding a slab of ice, so a bit of grip would be nice!

4. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

The Case-Mate range is being released soon. The Barely There might suit you, I think i'll go the Tough.

There is also this: http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartphone-cases/nokia-smartphones/nokia-lumia-920-cases.html

Looks decent.

Weirdest thing is there is the worse chip on a corner, but the screen crack originates from the otherside of the phone, 1cm up from the corner. Very odd.

5. xpl0sive

xpl0sive Member

Thanks mate. Looks like there is some decent cases coming soon. Extreme is also releasing one soon (gel type case). I had one on my old iphone and I liked it. Shame there isn't anything available right now though.

Did you chip the corner of the body or glass? One of the worst features of this phone is the raised and curved glass. If you drop it you got a high chance of breaking the screen. Only way to protect is put a case on that is raised on the front, but it'll make this phone even more chunky than it already is.

6. xpl0sive

xpl0sive Member

Also, is anyone else getting shithouse battery life? I took it off charge this morning at 5 and I'm down to 63% already! I've sent 3 text messages and browsed the web for maybe 30-40 minutes. It seems a lot worse than my iPhone 4 which was bad enough.

I have no background tasks running, location is off, WiFi off,most things are off so I don't know what's killing the battery.

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Landed screen up. Thinking one in a million really. Just unlucky :(

8. xpl0sive

xpl0sive Member

Wow that is unlucky. I feel sorry for you dude. Perhaps keep it as is for a while until screens become cheaper to replace.

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Getting new contract with new phone. Paying off this one then selling it on here. Best outcome really.

10. Betzie

Betzie Member

Did you get your 920 from Telstra?

Apparently they have free 21 day handset insurance

11. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

They didn't say anything about that! I'll check. Cheers

12. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

Yep, I think the excess is around $100.

13. wild

wild Member

I did for the first couple of days. After a few full discharge and charge cycles, it improves dramatically, just like every other phone with a Li-Ion battery. :thumbup:

14. Betzie

Betzie Member

We need a WP8 Sticky like the iOS and Android peeps...

15. BB.

BB. Member

Is there any way to have the clock show up when the phone is locked? So I can see it at night without having to find the side button

16. Gristy

Gristy Member

turn screen time out to never ?

17. wild

wild Member

18. BB.

BB. Member

That doesn't do it. In case I wasn't asking the right thing - I meant a clock on the black screen you get when you press the lock button - which I guess isn't actually the lock screen.

19. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Is the MS PDF Reader the only one available?

It sucks balls and I can't seem to find anything else.

Also, few websites don't load, guessing they are Flash and WP8 doesn't support that???

20. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

Flash is dead. WP7 and 8 are both HTML5 compliant.

I absolutely adore my lumia 920. It's perfect, so fucking fast, beautiful screen, absolutely everything viewable on the screen, and where my htc mozart would get signal but no bars, my 920 gets 2 bars.

WP8 is brilliant as well, I can finally see everything I need to at a glance, AND the live tiles all work properly.

Just hoping that m$ can work out how to transfer messages across.

Oh, and I bought my grey 920 outright, and there is NO telstra shit on it at all.