Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by vindicator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BB.

BB. Member

Have you Tried the 'Transfer my data' App? - pulled 1100 messages from my Symbian n8 to the Lumia

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Not really much Telstra shit on it at all anyway. Only really the TelstraOne app that's actually useful.

Still would love a better PDF Viewer. Anyone?

Flashlight XT does the flashlight job just fine. No intensity setting but that's cool.

3. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I've found that the Microsoft PDF viewer is the better viewer when compared to the Adobe release.

I didn't bother with my message transfer from my Mozart. There wasn't anything significant enough and given that when message threads ran long my phone started playing up and slowing down, I regularly deleted them to keep the speed of the phone high.

The Transfer my Data application won't work to transfer stuff across from a Mozart. WP7 devices weren't Bluetooth compliant across other mobile devices so you couldn't transfer files and stuff across on Bluetooth. You can detect that the device is around but when trying to connect to them it fails. I tried to do a transfer from my Mozart to the 920. It failed. There wasn't enough stuff I wanted off the Mozart so I've deleted that application.

My phone is from a Telstra store and has the Telstra One application on it - I find it nice. Useful application to allow me to pin the data use on a small sized live tile.

Tonight I ran my battery dead so I've popped it back on charge now and we'll see what results are like tomorrow.

4. BB.

BB. Member

I've got the Telstra One app but I can't find the live data use tile - could you point it out (where to find it) to blind old me?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. Wizardx8

Wizardx8 Member

Scroll across to the My Account screen and there is a pin button down the bottom. :)

6. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Yep. Scroll across to the My Account field where usage bar is shown.

Down the bottom is a pin icon.

7. BB.

BB. Member

My problem was that I was doing it at home with WIFI on - which disables that part of Telstra One.. So Thanks again.

8. power

power Member

Is there a Telstra 24*7 app for Phone 8? If so use that, very handy on Android and iOS

9. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Not that I know of currently. The Telstra One app does a small component of the 24x7 - the data usage bit. The call usage, recharge, etc stuff hasn't been integrated into the Telstra One app yet.

Maybe they'll update it later on.

10. power

power Member

That's a shame, the Telstra One app is on Android as well but it is nowhere near as useful as the 24*7 app.

11. StreekG

StreekG Member

Hey guys,

Can we buy the wireless charging devices in Australia yet? Can't find it on Harvey or JB's website.

12. grimlock

grimlock Member

13. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

JB Tweeted they got Wireless Charging pads in for $69.

14. wild

wild Member

Anyone having problems sending photos in MMS messages? I can receive them, but messages I send are failing to download at the other end, and messages sent between my Lumia 920 and a friend's 920 aren't being received at all...

15. BB.

BB. Member

Posted by Silent Remorse in this thread

16. wild

wild Member

Ahh! That could have something to do with it. Will test again and report back.

Edit: yep, this is the issue I'm having. Have passed it onto Telstra, hopefully either they can remove the limits or work with Nokia and Microsoft to fix the messaging app.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  17. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Only two issues with the phone so far.

#1 - when firing up Words with Friends, sometimes the application crashes the phone and I need to do a volume down + power button for 10 seconds to soft-reset the phone and get it back up and away.

#2 - sometimes the phone just seems to lose connection to the network. The phone still detects that it's on coverage, has 3-5 bars of connection, can download data but it just doesn't ring through or if I'm trying to ring out, it either connects the call for 5-10 seconds then dies or just doesn't connect at all and attempts to dial out just ends up failing with "Call Dropped" messages. Requires a restart of the phone before it can get back to making and receiving calls. Switching the phone in and out of Flight Mode doesn't fix things.

#1 problem isn't too much of a problem and I'm guessing that an update later on will fix the phone freeze issues. Not sure what is triggering #2 off though.

I'm reading reports that the 8.01 release Portico for bug fixes is starting to roll out to WP8 devices. Unlocked/unbranded HTC 8X devices have received it so far. Hoping that we'll get the 920 in the mix soon and maybe it'll fix the problems.

18. wild

wild Member

I have had the phone losing network connection glitch happen to me a couple of times too. Some days it'll be fine, some days I'll have to reboot the phone 3 times. Fingers crossed Portico will fix it.

Also, quick and dirty solution to the MMS problem is here:
    http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/...le-to-MMS-photos-from-camera/m-p/104274#M1270

The guy on the Telstra twitter account has passed the details of the bug along to the relevant team to have a better look at it.

19. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

The picture mms issue looks like it's just a 16:9 vs 4:3 ratio issue?

I preferred my photos to be in 4:3 so very early on, I set it up to that ratio so I've never experienced an mms send fail problem with my photos.

I've also read that the current firmware has 16:9 ratio photos appear softer than 4:3...

20. Betzie

Betzie Member

Had the lockup today, had to do a hard reset, hope there is a fix for this...