1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by vindicator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Thanks for the update about the update!

I had actually checked last night just after midnight but there was no update available. Got the notification now though - it's waiting on WiFi connection before it does the download. I'm not going to get home to a usable WiFi till late tonight though... damned first world problem.

I know you would have only had this update on your phone for a short time now but have you found with this update the phone doing that phenomenon thing where it thinks it's still on the network but won't take or make calls or make a proper data connection until it's restarted?

2. StreekG

StreekG Member

I can't find the update yet.

My phone is set to update automatically but i still expect it to have asked me, i check for updates now, and it says i'm up to date..
    Also on Telstra, but my phone is an unlocked phone on a telstra plan...

3. wild

wild Member

I haven't had that happen yet since updating, but I haven't had it happen in a couple of weeks anyway.

4. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

Update very gradually coming down now.

5. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Got mine last night. Stupid thing happened straight away almost. I set the Text Call Rejection and used my wife's phone to call me and test. Showed I was 3G connected with 3 bars signal strength and the call she made went to my voice mail. Restarted phone and the second test call then came through.

Is there a bug report somewhere I can make directly to Microsoft about this?

6. wild

wild Member

There's a forced reboot just after the update finishes, are you sure it wasn't just that?

I've had no problems with the update so far. If anything, it's a huge improvement - battery seems to be going much further since updating! Camera shots also appear to be a little sharper.

Not sure about reporting bugs to Microsoft, but if you're on Twitter, send a tweet at both @Telstra and @NokiaAustralia - they were pretty helpful at investigating and passing on feedback about the SMS/MMS issue.

7. Gristy

Gristy Member

Hi Guys, this I do not think is caused by the update, I have tried two roms. the problem gets worse and worse, I also found someone on WPCentral with the same issue.

I talked to Nokia and they said to turn 4G radio off, and so far its been ok for 3 days, i'm going to give it a week before I confirm this is the cause.

They said to come back and talk to them if it resolved with this setting.

8. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

I've got a unbranded 920 running on Optus prepaid, and after checking on both WiFi and data, I'm not getting any update notification.

I had a strange one the other day. I was originally on boost (a 3g only service) and Optus took over all the boost customers on their network on the 21st, and suddenly I was getting invalid sim errors. Turned off 4g, and now it's working fine.

9. Draxx

Draxx Member

It's a shame the update didn't fix a problem I'm constantly having - the email app seems to randomly forget my exchange password, especially if I switch from wifi to 4g and vice-versa. Anyone else experienced this?

10. wild

wild Member

Took a photo post-update tonight, saw it on the screen and thought, wow, that looks pretty good. Just got a chance to download and look at it in full resolution, and my jaw just about hit the floor.

For a phone camera, this just keeps impressing me!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1427457/WP_20130131_004.jpg

11. StreekG

StreekG Member

Still another day without an update for my unbranded 920... This is silly.

12. Gristy

Gristy Member

Returning my handset to Nokia for repair had enough of having to reboot to use the phone

13. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

Dumped the Lumia for a Nexus 4, just wasn't for me.

14. karn1911

karn1911 Member

Cheap screen protectors (6x - $2) arrived from HK today. Applied them properly and the edges don't stick properly, probably best to avoid these.

15. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Yeah I went through a heap of them and decided not to use them. Maybe some decent belkin or the like would be better?

Picked up a NFC charger from DSE yesterday, Pretty much the most awesome feature ever.

16. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Whats the cheapest "buy outright" price for these atm ?

17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Qi charger?

How much/linky?

18. TheContact

TheContact Member

The curved screen is not gonna play nice with your typical static "adhesive" screen protector. It'll either have to leave a decent gap around the edges or have a rim around where it doesn't stick. Best to get the invisibleshield/bodyguardz/bse/etc... type ones.

19. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Just applied the Bodyguardz one. Wet application.

Looks good so far, will report back in few days once it settles in.

20. StreekG

StreekG Member

Wierd, i didn't get word of official update from my phone, but my Nokia store icon today popped up with 22 updates, and half of them are system setting menu updates... But i check 'Phone Update' and i still don't have the new Portico show up.

Strange as all these updates are ones such as 'Calls + SMS' now being "Network+"