1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by vindicator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

$696 for local stock from Telstra/Fonezone/Harvey Norman

2. nordica-k2

nordica-k2 (Banned or Deleted)

Just wait until someone wants to offload theirs (seems to be a love/hate relationship with these phones) and they don't have great resell value so you're bound to pickup a cheapy with patience...

Got mine brand new, though opened for $450 was like 2 weeks old :thumbup:

On another note, noticed a tiny scratch on my screen this morning :upset: lame!!!

3. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Sold my cracked screen one on eBay for that haha! Win!

Yeah, Gorilla Glass 2 but i'd screen protector it.

Bodygaurdz one is doing fine. Was $5 from the states.

4. nordica-k2

nordica-k2 (Banned or Deleted)

Yeah, pretty much coming from the iphone I gave the gorilla glass too much credit and it must have scratched up again my keys.... barely noticble though

5. tlai

tlai Member

Hello, a few questions: does anyone use gmail on this? It seems like there is no longer 'as items arrive' option for emails and the shortest setting available is 15mins? Also is there no notifications on the live tiles for when you receive a new email (i think there is one for msg) which is something i miss from android.

I have also noticed there is no feedback (vibrations) when you are typing, is that normal and the vibrate ringer mode is very weak. There is no compass in Nokia maps (I think there is in Nokia drive but I have installed gMaps which has this feature)

Hopefully there's more developers and apps for this in the future, as looking at the store, it is a bit sparse.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  6. jezza323

jezza323 Member

I have as items arrive option on my 820 for gmail

7. karn1911

karn1911 Member

After upgrading to Portico, I've had the phone crash in the middle of the night two nights in a row; causing my alarm to not go off in the morning...

8. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

9. StreekG

StreekG Member

Portico finally arrived to my unbranded Lumia 920.
    Almost done updating.

10. tlai

tlai Member

Okay for gmail i've found the solution online:

There also seems to be some restrictions on what I can pin on the start menu? Some apps have this option greyed out.

11. xxxxxx

xxxxxx (Banned or Deleted)

my phone is a 900 running 7.8 and emails come in, i get a little number next to the icon indicating how many emails are unread (even when the icon is the smallest size)

interesting that 8 isn't the same?

12. tlai

tlai Member

Seems like that 8 does indeed have this! I think that when I synced my inbox, all my unread emails did not count as new emails, and it was only when I received a new one, that i saw the number on the live tile.

In other news, I tried ordering the zagg complete body cover for this phone, but I closed the browser before I could complete the Paypal checkout. Saw in my email the order confirmation which had an order number, but when I sent an email about how to make the payment, they said I had to redo the order again (probably because I used a 50% code which had expired by the time they replied). I guess I'm not going to get that now... what alternatives are there? The invisible-shield (which is their distributor in Aus?) doesn't seem to even stock them.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  13. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

just got a htc 8x phone to try out, coming from an iphone

so far hasnt been too bad with apps, but one thing is almost a deal breaker

one volume control for everything?!!!! are they serious? is it the same for the 920?

with the beats mode on, level 1/30 is already loud for headphones but obviously not as a ringtone. So already blasted the office when I forget to change it :thumbdn::thumbdn:

14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Noticed last few days battery draining much faster than usual.

Anything I can use to monitor what specific tasks/apps are draining battery?

Like if its mostly Wifi, some background App, something else etc.

15. theDarkHorse

theDarkHorse Member

Yep, same for 920. It's a huge issue for some people; I've been frustrated by it occasionally but not enough to be a dealbreaker.

16. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

its almost a deal breaker for me I cant get over how stupid that is...looking like an iphone5 now :thumbdn:

17. letthiswork1

letthiswork1 Member

Same... I came from Iphone being a windows fanboy and thought they would finally get it right but i am sad to say they still have a long way to go.. I guess this is what you get for first release.

I have issues with losing reception, messages failing, battery inconsistent, phone gets really hot, Brick on Nokia logo, Volume drives me nuts and there just isn't enough apps.. Also i don't understand why you cant always show reception and battery?!?! The amount of times my internet doesn't work and i have to close my app just to check if i am connected arghhh

18. tlai

tlai Member

If u tap the top part of the screen the battery and reception icons unhide.

19. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

Not in an app, unless I'm doing something wrong

20. theDarkHorse

theDarkHorse Member

It's enabled by default for the OS, but developers often disable it in their apps (this is the case for the browser). Honestly, I don't know why.