Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by vindicator, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

2. Tech-Kid

Tech-Kid Member

Anyone still using one of these?

I sent in my 920 (Telstra) for the common dust behind the front camera issue, and instead of fixing it they just gave me a brand new phone instead. Winning!

It makes it even sweeter given that my previous one had a tiny little dent on the top as well which made it painful to look at. So happy right now.

Just need to wait for the 8.1 update... and my life will be complete. Having used the Nokia N9 for a week I have learnt to appreciate the 920 a whole lot more...

3. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

No - I switched mine to the 1020 a while back. Wanted the banging camera but the same for basically everything else in a phone.

Waiting also for the 8.1 update and I'll be a happy camper.

My 1020 was bought as carrier unbranded so I ended up with the firmware with Data Sense enabled. Such a lovely piece of software. I really have to wonder what it is which is incompatible with Telstra's systems causing them to lock it out for Telstra branded WP units.

I fully understand that its not 100% accurate but its indicative values are close enough to the mark of the updated-only-once-every-24-hours Telstra 24x7 data metering that keeps me happy.

4. meeetch

meeetch Member

So i just installed windows 8.1 and it wont work with my 925...

Refuses to install the driver for it. Tried removing it from device manager, tried manual install of the driver from microsoft support, tried installing the 'windows phone app' and the 'windows phone app for desktop', both of those just crash on startup.

This is the dumbest thing i have ever had windows do.

5. Tech-Kid

Tech-Kid Member

Well that's quite ironic how Windows refuses to work with Windows haha. I'm running 8.1 on my computer as well and it works fine with my 920...

Have you tried or the obvious tricks like running the program as admin and so on?

6. Tech-Kid

Tech-Kid Member

Was the upgrade to the 1020 worth it? Are the pictures great? Any plans to move onto the 930? I've thought about moving to the 930 myself... but I don't see it as much of an improvement over the 920 tbh.

7. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Have you tried to reboot the phone yet? Weirder things have happened. I occasionally don't get connectivity with my phone and PC (WP8 GDR3, W8.1) but a reboot of either/both often resolves connectivity and syncing issues which arise.

To be honest it's hard to say. I don't save the full 41mpix images as the 5mpix downgraded images are good enough for my 5x7" printing needs. Images are crisp and contain great detail. I often use the cropping-sensor-zoom to nail down the image composition and this is where the sensor capacity really shines for me. Flash is used on and off but when used, the xeon flash gives better exposed images than the LED flash of the 920.

My upgrade was relatively worth it. It cost around $200 to do the upgrade. I had a warranty issue which they sent me a replacement 920 for. Like you, I received a as-new phone which I was able to sell. Harvey Norman at the time dumped the price of their 1020 down so for a $200 odd upgrade to the 1020, yes it was worth it. It wouldn't be if it were a $600'ish cost to it.

8. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

recently got a temp nokia 520, is there a way to dial a pause??

so on android, you dial number (p) number

9. Rmack

Rmack Member

, comma = Pause (2sec)

1.On the Start screen, tap People.
    2.Create a new contact, tap + (plus) or edit an existing phone details.
    3.Type the digits to dial into the phone number box, and then press and hold `.´ (period) key at the lower right of the keyboard.
    4.After you tap this key, a pop up menu appears.

10. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

but there's no way (that i've found) to actually dial a pause from the dialler menu?? not from a contact or copying/pasting a number