Nokia N73 Questions

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by conork, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

d) you can change the check time to 5 minutes in the email box setup, but i found it often wouldnt come thru anyway, unless you manually check it.

c) cant be done :thumbdn: annoying.

b) i never encountered this one. if it were a motorola or a 6280, i would tell you that the number needs to be saved on the phone mem and not the simcard, however i am unsure if the same applies for the 73.

a) this has been asked a dozen times in this thread and any other thread pertaining to symbian s60 phones :) cant remember the outcome though.

2. jamesquire

jamesquire Member

thanks for that.

its weird about the attachments bit cause it only affects three as auto download of attachments is greyed out. for any other emails i set up, i can get it to pull down the attachments.

anyone recommend a thirdparty email tool which can it for me?

3. Aratama_Bashi

iirc, it's due to the config of the three email server (dont ask me why cos i dont know why they would do it!) my only guess is that they can reduce the amount of data floating around on their network if they dont let attachments automatically download. so a 3rd party app prolly wont help too much, but by all means try, as i havent, and there is a possibility that it could work. just google it, there is sure to be dozens of the bastards :thumbup:

4. Orgazmo

Orgazmo Member

how do you turn that annoying sleep light off?

5. Aratama_Bashi

ummmmmm iirc, settings, phone settings, either display or general settings, you can turn it off somewhere in there.

6. qingtian

qingtian Member

hi does anyone know if the only way to do an alarm is to set it via the organiser function (setting an alarm for all day event or watever)?

Isn't there a dedicated alarm function?

7. Aratama_Bashi

there is a dedicated alarm (in the 'clock' prog) but it sucks as you cannot program alarms etc etc etc. it sucks. your options are to either purchase a 3rd party alarm app (purchase as ive NEVER been able to find a freeware one), or use the calendar function.... you can use outlook and synch it to be easier, but its a major pain in the ass regardless.

8. pavlos

pavlos Member

have a search around the usual places and get a program called 'HandyClock', great util and it contains:
    - World Clock
    - Day-night map
    - Calendar
    - Alarms
    - Timers
    - Stopwatch
    - Time log

there is a list of some other good tools here: http://nokia-n71-software.epocware.com/index.html

9. Yom

Yom Member

Okay so I'm just about to sign a contract to upgrade to an N73 for free* on a 3 Hot $49 cap which is an old cap that has a $15 minimum spend and I've never spent more than $40 on it, it also has something around 100 free text messages and I really doubt i'll find a better plan (*: I'm getting a $22 a month credit from them, and the n73 is $22/month so it evens itself out).

Getting it in the dark plum colour. Not as girly as the mocha, and not as flashy as the metallic red. I'm informed the version I will be getting is the X-series.

What differentiates the X series from the other versions of this phone (media/internet edition)? Someone else asked but they didn't get any replies other than people telling him to stick with the X series firmware.

Noone's had any issues with bluetooth gps dongle things and the various navigation software available with the X series 3 branded firmware?

Anything else I should know before I sign for it?

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  10. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

X-Series is a 3 marketing thing, not a N73 model.

11. Yom

Yom Member

would explain why I can't find any decent information on the web :p

Thanks!

12. jamesquire

jamesquire Member

it can be done cause a friend has a dopod and it pulls down the emails on its own....

13. qingtian

qingtian Member

hey guys.. for some reason my nokia n73 (On Three Hutch.) doesn't turn off properly when on silent mode. After i try turning it off, i get this white background with the time display. The phone just freezes? any ideas?

14. Aratama_Bashi

sounds like your phone is dumb. if you arent comfortable updating the software yourself, take it back to the 3 store you bought it from (or if it was sent to you by 3 direct, take it back to your nearest hutch-owned store), and have them send it off to nokia for you. they will give you a loan phone for the meantime.

15. qingtian

qingtian Member

can i just get a brand new replacement phone instead? i sorta cant be bothered waiting like 2 weeks with a crappy lg8330 replacementl. The phone is only 2 weeks old?

16. Aratama_Bashi

aaah yes, you can. sorry, you didnt mention how old the phone was in the first post. nokias obtained via 3 have a 30 ELF warranty. call the store you bought it from and tell them its fucked and that you're gonna come and change it - so that they can arrange to have the same model and colour available. they'll swap it over no drama pig farmer :thumbup: :)

17. qingtian

qingtian Member

but the only problem is that heaps of people with three have the same problem :( i hope when i get a new fone that i dont get the same darn problem :(

18. Aratama_Bashi

really? its the first time ive heard of that particular problem with an n73... the only n73's ive taken for ELFs have been total DOA's.... if you get it again, consider debranding it (unless you specifically need xseries apps). should kick things along well. .

19. pyr0x

pyr0x Member

Firmware V4.0723.2.0.1 is out! (didnt see this posted yet)

From howardforums
    A2DP support!

20. Yom

Yom Member

Ok well the N73 seems to be a nice phone.

Although I am about to murder nokia's predictive text.

Motorola's is infinitely superior.