Non Traditional Christmas Food Challange!

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by g@z, Nov 16, 2018.

1. g@z

g@z Member

I'm getting sick of traditional Christmas food so I'm looking for something different this year.

So, I thought everyone here is open to ideas and challanges, so I'd like to know if anyone is interested in showing off your best Christmas themed food that's not your traditional offering. It started as a bit of a joke, but now I'm keen :)

Here is are some examples to give you an idea of what I mean: Christmas pizza

I'm also thinking corn chips are tree shaped, so christmas nachos.... you get the idea.

Any takers, post up what ideas, recipies, photos etc that you have!

Regards,
    g@z.

2. wordplay

wordplay Member

have had christmas pasta, you can buy tree shaped pasta pieces (not sure if in suprmarket or ordered from the internet). or spaghetti plated in the shape of a christmas tree and cherry tomato's and things placed on as decorations.

3. scon

scon Member

You could totally make 7 Layer Taco Dip in a ring with a bow on it so it looked like a wreath. Extra points for green doritos.

Edit: extra extra points if the bow is roasted red capsicum.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. Revenge

Revenge Member

extra extra extra points if that box makes it onto anything as a decoration at my place... one of my favourite things is charred red capsicum. Grill up 3 or 4 of them when we are doing taco / fajitas at home.. only need one in reality, I eat the rest while cooking them.

Don't judge me....

5. Hater

Hater Member

6. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

after all my grand plans, on christmas day we all ended up goiing to the beach, and our christmas 'lunch' cosisted of Copenhagen ice cream cones for everyone! didnt manage to get a photo but keen to see what everyone else had, cheers!