Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.
1060 is a 1080p card. Not 1440p
I hate this BS 1440p card and only running 1080p BS.
Buy the biggest card you can because sure as hell if you want to keep playing the latest games its not just resolution thats putting the pain down.
Ok just want to alert people on here about the Aorus 2080ti waterforce card. TLDR: Do not buy it
I ended up selling my XC Ultra and the Ek block/backplate on the forums a week ago so I could buy a Custom pcb card.
I bought the waterforce card from PCCG and I would not recommend this to anyone.
Has several flaws and poor build quality. Only positive is that it has the best RGB and looks of aany card out there ?
1. Block is not user serviceable, all screws are hidden behind the aluminium plate covering the plexi. Its glued in hard so might not be removable.
2. Being fully opaque and not serviceable means you wont be able to see any clogging in the microfins which will eventually happen and increase ur temps. When it happens you will have to RMA it..
3. Poor acrylic quality, the plexi they used felt a bit cheap, I have been using gpu blocks since the GTX 580/590 cards.
4. Backplate is flimsy and cheap again , its provides almost no structural rigidity to the card. They also dont use enough thermal pads under it.
5. The right end of the card is not bolted into the card and the backplate, so it just hangs off and if u grab the card on the right hand side (power connector side) it will flex the plexi into the card because there are no screws holding it.
6. The contact between GPU and memory modules is not as tight as with EK blocks, they use 1mm pads instead of .5mm , one positive here is the cold plate touching the gpu die is a lot larger so it makes full contact.
7. Block has no jetplate, just microfins so there is no control over the flow over the gpu die. The thermal paste application was good however.
8.Higher temps than my reference card with EK vector block/backplate using 380W bios vs 366W Bios on the waterforce. so instead of 43-48c it would be 48-55c on waterforce.
9. Overclocks were around the same 2100Mhz, probably a limit because of 4k resolution ? I have no idea but Memory OC was a lot lower, instead of 1000Mhz it could only go upto 750Mhz.
Finally I found some microcracks around one of the screws on the block so I had to RMA it and picked up the MSI seahawk EK instead.
Seahawk EK has been great so far. Same oc again and I can do 750Mhz eazy on the memory, haven't pushed further. It has Samsung memory modules.
Build quality is a lot higher, The backplate is really thick (3mm instead of 1.5mm) Plexi on the block is thicker too. and temps are not as great as EK vector but 3-4c lower than waterforce.
I didnt think any gpu blocks (none of the EK ones I've owned) have jet plates?
I didnt think GPU blocks in general used jet plates. Only CPU blocks?
whats the max overclock on the seahawk ?
any 3dmark results ?
a lot cards can do
1100+ on the mem - micron
Not sure if this is the right place but... I ordered this card and its now in stock but I cant pay for it so if anyone wants it...PM me so we can sort it out.
1xMSI GeForce RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio 11G Graphics Card
tickle your funny bone?
anyone see Nvidias 2019 CES keynote?
RTX 2060 $349 USD, can run Battlefield V at 60 FPS with RTX on?
the reviews from this should be interesting.
What is more interesting is the SKUs of RTX 2060 we gonna get, There are already listings of RTX 2060 on Taobao you can preorder ranging from about 450AUD (with GDDR5X ofc) to 650AUD for a RTX 2060. The RTX 2060 4GB is rather interesting I wonder if its gonna be 256 bit wide bus width or just 128 bit wide bus width
they showed 60 FPS at 1440P. something to do with ramping up DLSS, im sure someone more technical will know better once more info comes out.
$599 is the AUD price. https://twitter.com/NvidiaANZ/status/1082192810160386053
Basically replaces the 1070 Ti which is almost out of stock.
Reviews of RTX 2060 are out in the wild now, basically a 1070Ti with raytracing. I am not sure what is the point of getting a RTX 2070 now when used 1080Ti is around the same price
would be if you really really want RTX and DLSS, or you dont want to buy second hand. what second hand pricing you seeing? about 800 bucks for a 1080TI?
RTX 2060 reviews from the news box:
GeForce RTX 2060 Founders edition on Guru3D.
The RTX 2060 Review with 39 games on BabelTechReviews.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Review: Nearly As Fast As GTX 1080 on Tweaktown.
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 Founders Edition on OCClub.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Review: Reasonably Priced Ray Tracing on HotHardware.
Feel a bit burnt buying a 2070 seeing the reviews and specs of the 2060 but still happy though there much better bang for buck✌️
Anyone looking at the laptops that will have a 2080 Q-Max in it announced at the NVIDIA CES keynote? Kind of eyeing them up since i'll be expating this year so i can continue gaming when i'm away for long stretches.
2080Ti Kingpin coming soon