NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

That's racist.

I don't understand how people can't like the Scottish accent, it's my favourite after French (as long as it's a hawt girl, not a youtube bloke).

Besides, Sean Connery completely undermines any argument against the Scottish accent (unless they're those Gaelic nutters from those islands that even other Scots can't understand, or those bloody bogan-esque Glaswegians).

*puts Scottish flag and tartan away*

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019 at 4:13 PM
    tunksy likes this.
  2. Perko

Perko Member

Yeah it's not his accent for me. It's his big noting of himself and blatant shilling.

He's no different to the other YouTube tech heroes. Backing the underdog isn't an excuse.

3. RnR

RnR Member

They are practically Scandinavian... and who doesn't love the Nordics :D

4. Perko

Perko Member

Yeah the wife is of Scottish descent. Pretty viking looking though, blonde, not red hed. Probably a result of certain raids in the old days.
    She's got the scottish and viking temper on her too!

RnR likes this.
  5. kot0005

kot0005 Member

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

Just win a 2nd hand galax 2080ti HOF edition with water block in the forsale section for $1600

See how it compares to two titan xp's

7. hotpants86

hotpants86 Member

Can you provide some examples of his shilling? The videos I've seen of his have been pretty informative and yes he's biased but when has he shilled? He is pretty damn fair and bashes AMD for their mistakes/poor decisions etc

8. Perko

Perko Member

Maybe he's changed, I haven't watched him since before Ryzen.

The only good thing about these people is that they use their insider status to leak shit, but I'd rather get the cliff notes elsewhere, (here), than waste my time watching 20+ minutes of rambling crap for one or two key points.

9. hotpants86

hotpants86 Member

Why don't you just use other sites/go straight to benchmarks?

His videos have always been about value, technology advancements and the state of the industry, not just benchmarks. His predictions are most often proved correct and that's why people value his insights. Because of this he also has a lot of sources that work at AMD.

You may only care about what performs the best but other people (such as myself) like seeing the price creep for less performance gain. I am glad to know that because AMD did so poorly, we are paying high-end prices for what was supposed to be a mid-range card. He also has videos going over the history of GPUs as well.

10. hotpants86

hotpants86 Member

Fair enough with not wanting to waste time but I don't know where in his older videos he's been shilling either. Like I'm not sure why people say this. He is absolutely biased and wants AMD to do well, no doubt. But he is in no way a shill. Ultimately he just wants good competition which is what we all should want. He has said bulldozer/vega are shit and he has said nvidia and intel are smart and have been able to get ahead because AMD have made poor decisions.

So yeah, you're entitled to your opinion but you shouldn't call people shills if you don't have any basis for it. I feel like it's some explosion on the internet where everyone is parroting this person or that person is a shill without provide any evidence of it (not necessarily what you are doing).

11. power

power Member

he's just another in a long line of people who predict amd will do this and that and then excusing it all when a shit product comes out and try to justify it on price.

i don't like the prices of the current flagships but i'm not waiting for amd, they've proven time and again that they are after a different segment, ironically a segment nvidia has covered anyway so ppl buy amd cards for god knows what reason after crypto - it's certainly not value.

12. super kermit

super kermit Member

Local pricing on the evga BLACK is $1699

13. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

From memory, blacks are the worst chips and usually clock is set to the lowest specified clock speeds by nvidia. FTW3 is around $2300, question is, is it worth spending extra $600ish to get ~ 200Mhz on the core (not sure how many fps this is) or not. In past I always went for the FTW edition as the black used to be only $100-$200 cheaper, but $600 now that is a serious coin.....

2080Ti Black
    • NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti
    • 4352 Pixel Pipelines
    • 1545 MHz Boost Clock
    • 420.2GT/s Texture Fill Rate
    2080Ti FTW3
    • NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti
    • 4352 CUDA Cores
    • 1755 MHz Boost Clock
    • 477.4GT/s Texture Fill Rate

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah $600 is a lot of money... You could buy the majority of a custom LC loop for that to watercool your Black and overclock it heavily haha

Question for the wider audience, do we see ITX sized versions of the 2080 and 2080ti coming out down the line? Or have NVIdia pushed the thermal envelope too far to allow for such PCB restrictions?

I'm having to downgrade very slightly from my 1080ti to a 2070 cos I can't find the 1080ti Mini anymore but I need a 220mm or shorter card for my new project...

15. super kermit

super kermit Member

2080Ti Black
    • NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti
    • 4352 Pixel Pipelines
    • 1545 MHz Boost Clock
    • 420.2GT/s Texture Fill Rate
    2080Ti FTW3
    • NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti
    • 4352 CUDA Cores
    • 1755 MHz Boost Clock
    • 477.4GT/s Texture Fill Rate
    EXACTLY my point.

I want to upgrade from

CPU - i7 6950X
    Motherboard - Asus Rampage V extreme
    2 x 1080ti SLI

TO 2 x 2080ti SLI EVGA blacks.

At $1699 AUS per card and buying two of them, the swap should not be too expensive.