1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

They're not faster revisions, They're cut down from the previous higher SKU. The 2070s is a 2080 die (TU104)

aokman, nope and bennyg like this.
  2. power

power Member

still, it's the closest we've had to some kind of competition for a while.

3. bart5986

bart5986 Member

They still definitely have the headroom. These cards are all about making Nvidia money.

I'm confident we'll see a 2080ti Super eventually.

4. Azzan

Azzan Member

AMD: We have RX5700XT, it's (slightly)faster than RTX2070 :)
    NVidia: (releases RTX2070 Super) :lol:

5. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Agreed even if it's only up to this upper-mid range market segment, some knock-on applies further up the chain (hence why 2080 super will follow)

2080 super will 'max out' the available (previously unused) SM's in TU104, so how so? And In what context are they about making $$$? certainly not margins compared to previous gen

It's called the Titan RTX

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  6. Radley

Radley Member

I wouldn't be using MSY as a benchmark for anything except shitty service.

Based on the totally underwhelming super announcement I'll be waiting till next year to upgrade my 2080. In the meantime I have to find a good ultrawide though.

7. bobsled

bobsled Member

The Ventus 2080ti has me the most interested... $1599 at PCCG and has an A chip. Almost palatable to upgrade from SLI 1080ti w/ blocks.

I’ve noticed my 9 year old LCD starting to get dimmer in the panel centre, only noticeable on white or light grey backgrounds; my screen upgrade is ebbing closer...

nope likes this.
  8. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

1. That monitor with those graphics cards is a crime
    2. Spending your upgrade money on a new graphics card when you need a good monitor is a crime.
    Highly recommend getting something good to view your shit on over dropping $1600 on... is it even going to be faster? Might use less power.

9. Azzan

Azzan Member

Lol, I've been MSY more than enough times but I honestly don't think their service is that bad. I'm sure MSY staffs get paid similar to PCCG/Scorptec etc staffs and it's not like MSY hire fobs at below minimum wage.

I'm pretty sure Nvidia will release RTX2080Ti replacement(RTX2080Ti Super or RTX2090) before end of the year, so within next 5 months.

10. Azzan

Azzan Member

Lol 9 year old LCD.. think I went through about 10 monitors in past 9 years. In fact we don't even call em LCD anymore, they are called LED, OLED or QLED now days.(my last 3 monitors been QLED)

Btw it's a great time to buy new monitor if you are a pro gamer, forgot the model name but AOC just released new 25"/27" LEDs with 240Hz refresh rate and 0.5ms response time. They are both 1080p TN panels.

11. bobsled

bobsled Member

Kinda. I held off purchasing a newer screen because that u3011 has served amazing picture quality at 16:10 and the resolution took a long time to become workable at 60Hz (esp minimums). Some games still struggle.

I’d like an equally large vertical resolution on an upgrade, so a 4k or ultrawide without compromising. At the same time I’d like higher refresh.

So, fast forward three years and the PG27UQ has a paper launch. Then it actually shows up just over a year ago, but due to the bandwidth issues, can’t do the nominated full refresh with full 4:4:4. It’s also 27” and I’d like to keep or increase the panel size. HDR is a game changer so I want that too.

The new LG screen (38” UW, 3840x1600) may tick those boxes, unsure until it’s seen in the wild!

My other issue is with multi GPU. SLI was great in most DX11 titles but in a DX12 world, the game/engine needs to implement mGPU natively, and that’s hard to find at the moment.

Modern games like ROTR, Wildlands and Div2 make a single 1080Ti work hard at 2560x1600 so it’s not like they run totally unused.

12. Azzan

Azzan Member

Have you checked 49" Samsung CHG90 QLED(3840x1080, 144Hz, 1ms, 125% sRGB, ~$1400 RRP) or the new 49" Samsung CRG9 QLED(5120x1440, 120Hz, 4ms, 125% sRGB, ~$2300 RRP)?
    https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/c49hg90/
    https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/c49rg9/

13. bobsled

bobsled Member

I don't own an UW (obv) but was of the understanding 21:9 UW is slowly becoming more supported but Super UW screens seem like you'd be starting all over again, admittedly with a lot of horizontal real estate, but without the benefits of having physically separated screens.

Having seen the testing GSYNC panels go through (LTT) I'm much more inclined to shell out the extra for G-Sync over the FreeSync equivalent, aside from the technical improvements.

14. Azzan

Azzan Member

Fair enough, I thought CHG90 or CRG9 might be perfect ya since you have enough GPU power..

15. nope

nope Member

such a crap lineup lmao their branding this gen its retarded first 11xx crap then Super?

16. aokman

aokman Member

I used to think "surely people aren't dumb enough to fall for this garbage"

wow I was so wrong :lol:

Realise your revenue is getting smashed in the hole, save face by launching a "BRAND NEW SUPER EDITION" card, give customers the impression they are getting a new amazing card. In reality, they are the same old cards at prices you should have paid first time around :D

bennyg and sTeeLzor like this.
  17. maxrig

maxrig Member

LOl, what? They're getting a better card for the same money. How's that bad?

18. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Its not. Hes just pointing out how they were fucking everyone before and now they are acting like they are doing you a favour now but their really just fucking you with a little lube this time.

bennyg and aokman like this.
  19. aokman

aokman Member

and that is exactly my point, you think NVIDIA are delivering out an amazing new product at the prices you want. In reality they are thinly guised old products at the prices they should have charged the first time around until they decided to try and exploit the mining boom and get greedy. This is not a new product, it is a renamed product at corrected prices.

2070 Super = cut down 2080
    2060 Super = cut down 2070

It is nothing more than a performance / price ratio.

They could have made them even cheaper if they cut all the marketing wank and just dropped the prices of existing cards but that is admitting they pushed consumers too far.

20. maxrig

maxrig Member

People bitch and whine about everything.. lol