1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. DNX

DNX Member

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

might pick up a spare for the HTPC.

3. nope

nope Member

oh only 2.8k? PRACTICALLY A BARGAIN
    [​IMG]
    wtf is hyperboost? gayass looking stupid button

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    ChinoPD likes this.
  4. ayles

ayles Member

I've been out of this thread since laughing at $1800 launch prices, what the fuck is happening these days?

I thought my TNT2 was up there

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

You'd think with AMD snapping at their heels, RTX would be experiencing significant price drops. They are already experiencing a pretty substantial sales drop. It would seem Nvidia believe themselves to be invincible. I suspect Big Navi will be a game changer in this respect.

6. congoh

congoh Member

Typical corporate MO - maximise profit (price gouge) until market forces make you change.
    I hope 5700 series will retake market share for AMD.
    They don't have anything to compete with RTX2080Ti yet but heavy competition at mid range will force price competition and exert pressure when price gap is created between mid and top range. The top end share of the market is small and NVidia is making it even smaller by their price.

2_stroke and candm like this.
  7. friction_point

friction_point Member

2.8k that is insane....

nope likes this.
  8. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

I’ve been out of the loop on high end cards for a few years. Top end cards were under $700 back then. I thought $1k was laughable but $2-3k+ for a single card is utterly ridiculous! We need some proper competition from AMD to get these prices in check. Geez it’s no wonder everyone goes for a console these days when you can buy four of them just to get a graphics card for a decent PC build.

d_prac and nope like this.
  9. nope

nope Member

and i thought 1300+ for a 2080ti was INSANE, never buying a high end nvidia gpu again with all the driver problems at this price is nuts

10. havabeer

havabeer Member

You can't get totally upset at Nvidia for a $2,800 card. They not selling the reference cards for that much or setting the RRP at that amount

It's an AIB card, blame that specific manufacture for jerking up the price that much? Not saying Nvidia is perfect but blaming them for what a partner is doing is a bit stupid

11. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Got nothing on that $3799 Asus matrix 2080ti. Not that it matters, they’re obviously targeted to a very niche market which doesn’t include people shocked by the price. Plenty of cheaper variants available if you don’t want the super fancy ones

Lol ‘never’

Perko likes this.
  12. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Matrix is actually a strix with different bios. I think all the money is for the stupid aio cooler which performs the same as strix cooler..

13. nope

nope Member

never say never

14. Perko

Perko Member

You definitely shouldn't.

15. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Lol was on youtube checking out there q2 figures, they are down a bit in gaming cards, though data center v100 ect tesla has fallen massively which is there largest sales sector. They have really taken a beating due to declining sales which is bad, yes AMD did take a little but data center cards have saturated the market which has caused profit loses. Nvidia have to make up money somewhere fast and thats why rtx is priced this way. I was a nvidia fanboy since the tnt2 to the FX series which i skipped for a ati 9550 then back to nvidia gf 6800 gt, its just like that feeling of seeing nvidia the way its meant to be played and the nice green gui makes you feel smug. The cards are great, its just the price is not. I hope AMD don't shake them to bad, you probably jump off saying but a 2080 ti kills any amd card, correct you are. Now I say how many sales are made on the 2080 ti and how many are made on a rtx 2060 super or gtx 1660 ti. Of course most pc users buy a rtx 2060 super and gtx 1660 ti because that's there budget and needs covered. Now put the rx 5700 xt against the rtx 2060 super, then the rx 5700 non xt against the 1660 ti and what card would you buy?
    Q3 will be extremely bad looking at the forecast and this has a run on effect, because data center sales loses and now heavy sales loses in gaming market share because there was no threat from AMD until post q2 this could be just enough to see heavy share price loose. Though there gaming market isn't just desktop gpu's, it been hit by competing ARM processors as well.

If I had the cash to spare I would buy one though $3799 goes a lot better for me on repayments on a new car or a nice holiday and a card that fills my need.

d_prac and nope like this.
  16. nope

nope Member

amd is no saint in the gpu area either their prices for relatively underperforming slow hot loud cards as of the 590 and navi stock is terrible.

Wish nvidia would fix their trash drivers the UI and bugs are horrible.

17. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Waiting on nvidia’s move to 7nm before I shift back, the rtx 2070 I had was nice though I side shifted to a rx 5700 xt for some red fun and OS X. For me I have been lucky both sides driver and hardware. The super cards are nice though the price and use of Ray tracing isn’t. Unless you own a ti or super 2080 Ray tracing isn’t going to benefit a lot of users, I can see the 7nm cards being bulked big on Ray tracing cores which leaves lower end 2060/2070 starved come games ps5 release. Time will tell I guess.

Nvidia have been unreal to me on driver support and quick updates, hardware the worest 8800 gt dead, gtx 275 bios update, gtx 590 in flames Overclocking, gtx 480 dead. AMD haven’t had a card fail but delayed updates and fixes have left a bitter taste in my mouth at times.

18. humcheem

humcheem Member

holy crap that is a beast! ONLY..

19. bobsled

bobsled Member

NV have massive profit with Turing cards, they're absolutely fleecing the market and it's making PC gaming unjustifiably expensive (series stack shifting for example)

Conversely, I hope AMD absolutely destroy their dominance so they're forced to be competitive, or lose market and mind share as a result. Don't pretend Nvidia are saints - they've been playing the consumers for years.

20. d_prac

d_prac Member

I'm quite surprised NVIDIA are doing literally nothing about Navi. They seem to give zero f**ks.

nope likes this.