NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Azzan

Azzan Member

lol Windforce just got $1450($1480 inc postage) bid on used section.. and near new Strix OC and Gaming X(both WAY better than Windforce.. kek) also got sold for similar price not along.

https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/gigabyte-2080ti-windforce-oc.1270774/ (cheapest Gigabyte with small heatsink)
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/...ti-strix-gaming-11g-oc-graphics-card.1269765/ (best Asus besides Matrix)
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-x-trio.1270676/ (best MSI besides Lightning Z)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. nope

nope Member

i saw, cant wait to get rid of this

3. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Apart from price, another influence for many people is size. The Windforce is 280mm long, the Strix is 304mm long, and the Trio is a massive 327mm long.

Many cases won't fit a card even as long as 300mm.

4. Azzan

Azzan Member

I don't know man.. I like small cases but I wouldn't wanna sacrifice performance/heat/noise over size.
    If you are buying a $1500+ GPU then $80 case with proper GPU support should be compulsory imo(unless you are going for ITX).

5. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Only pussies use air cooling anyway, if your going to spend $1500 on a GPU why the hell dont you have a full loop with at least 3x360 rads and two pumps.

Air cooling is for poor people.

danyell and nope like this.
  6. Azzan

Azzan Member

Personally I hate watercooling(way too much hassle for min benefit imo) and all the RGB crap but I guess everyone's different.

Anyway, there's Gigabyte RTX2070 Gaming OC for only $594 delivered, https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/481868. Great deal imo considering it's got decent heatsink and comes with 4 years warranty.
    I just ordered one even tho it's only gonna be ~10% faster than my current card(its 2019 and I want RTX features!!! lol).

7. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

30C delta T is not min benefit. Sometimes its 50C delta T and silent.

But sure, keep telling yourself that.

8. Azzan

Azzan Member

I hate noisy PC, but all my PC's ran super cool & quite by using good air cooling.. sure maybe I could have reduce the temp even more with watercooling, but why spend extra time/money/effort when they are already running at well below the thermal threshold?

9. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

I have aircon as well and just a few posts back you said why not spend the extra money to get a better cooler...

Sure the D15 is ok, but GPU coolers are crap, Yes i have used a lot of coolers, from giga and asus and XFX and evga etc they are really crap to meh.

IMO if your going to just water cool one thing do the GPU.

10. Azzan

Azzan Member

Yes I think it's worth spending little extra money on better heatsink for heat/noise.
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/...g-42-more-for-a-strix-rtx-2070-super.1270951/
    But I def wouldn't spend a lot of money for watercooling especially when CPU/GPU are already running cool and quite.

I've never really had heat or noise issue with GPU.. maybe except for Radeon 7970 & 6850(?) from ages ago, and afaik all high-end Asus/MSI/Gigabyte GPUs(Strix, Gaming X, Aorus) run very quite.

11. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

i believe you.

12. danyell

danyell Member

QUIET

KWY ET

QUIET!!!!

-- KWY --
    ME A RIVER

I CAN'T GET OVER
    -- ET --

Elchupacabraj likes this.
  13. Azzan

Azzan Member

lol I'm not lying.. my last GPU(Asus Strix GTX1070Ti) ran ~65'C load GPU temp, ~1300rpm max fan speed during bench. I had Zotac GTX1060 AMP, MSI GTX1060 and GTX1080 Gaming X+ before that and they were also very quite.
    But I suppose 250W TDP card like RTX2080Ti(never used one) could be noticeably quieter on water.

Actually I've used 244W TDP NVidia cards ages ago, cos I went through few GTX580s(EVGA one with two? fans, Gigabyte one with triple fans and Asus Matrix two fans) and I don't recall them being noisy, Asus one ran very cool and quite on Lian Li T60 iirc.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  14. havabeer

havabeer Member

It's the overclocking you get out of water cooling as well. Being able to sustain the overclock at better temps. Before Nvidia and that required hardware mods to go nuts on the overclocking is where water really shone

15. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

My card was quite loud at 70C with a custom curve, only achieving a constant ~ 1980mhz gaming clockspeed with toasty RAM. With the 380W bios on water, I'm able to run at ~ 45C in a heated room, and 2145Mhz stable daily clocks, plus higher memory clocks. That's over 8% increase in performance, and my PC is now silent, and has a lower internal case temp.

On a $1500 card, the extra ~ $200- is definitily worth it imo, not so much if you're more in the mid range though (you would be better off spending the money on the next tier imo). I opt for the cheapest GPU in the range, then spend the money on add-on water/AIO rather than pay the same amount for a 'premium' air cooler fancy sticker card.

I run the Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro, which with current exchange rate aren't as cheap. But there are other similar options that are easier than open loop if that's not your bag. I chose the Eiswolf as you can carry it over to future models with only a little bit of tax for the new full cover heatsink (but no new pump/rad).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    nope likes this.
  16. Unbanable

Unbanable Member

anyone know how and why aussie retailers are selling super cards at way more even with aussie tax??? they were supposed to replace the current cards at the same pricing

nope likes this.
  17. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Because they can...

18. Unbanable

Unbanable Member

they can burn in hell, greedy fakers

nope and vladtepes like this.
  19. nope

nope Member

my stable clocks settled at 1850mhz 280w tops out at 80 degrees on air

20. Azzan

Azzan Member

Could be wholesaler's fault, and not retailers.. Stores like Evatech sell directly imported Cololful brand RTX20x0 cards for ~15% cheaper, and I've seen other stores also selling some models for 15-20% cheaper(probably bulk discount from wholesalers).

Anyway, thanks to studio Ufotable(https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/43/ufotable) now you can also watch anime with RTX On. :thumbup:

nope likes this.