NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

DLSS is rubbish. Full stop. Went from "could be the best feature on RTX cards" to "complete rubbish".

2. Azzan

Azzan Member

Hehe... :D
    obviously you haven't played Control.. yet

I agree with ya that DLSS could be the best feature on RTX cards, but that's probably why it's taken much longer for it to get polished.
    I've never played Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Metro Exodus but I heard DLSS is shit in those games..
    However in Control DLSS works very well. i.e. Does Look So Sharp
    (watch from ~6:55)

3. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

DLSS will just become a forgotten feature that will fade into obscurity in the coming generations. It exists purely to justify the would-otherwise-be idle tensor cores on RTX GPUs. Normal resolution scaling and software image sharpening in most cases produces a better image, is more reliable, able to be customised to suit personal preference, is actually supported in games people play - not just that one game, all with far less of a performance hit...

I'm pretty disappointed with the 4K performance on RDR2 in reviews, so I might have to go down this very path.

4. nope

nope Member

DLSSucc its very noticable for me and has a weird look like smeared oil paint.
    Control doesnt run very well considering how relatively simple the levels are

5. Azzan

Azzan Member

Umm that's probably cos you are high all the time.. honestly it looks fine to me. Control gameplay @ 1440p max(all ray tracing enabled, DLSS on)

[​IMG]

6. nope

nope Member

no it just looks like shit

the_antipop likes this.
  7. im late

im late Member

I just watched the video you linked above. 1440P youtube. What is so good about control? Graphics look so dated?

Game-play looks so dated.

Player walking into the area with all the floating people..so simple looking. Am I missing something?

Ghost Recon Wildlands has zero RTX or DLSS - and looks graphically so much better at 1440P??

Sorry - just trying to understand..you been spruiking Control like it is the ducks nuts... maybe you been taking the piss all along??? :confused:

Nethiuz and sanjeevlives like this.
  8. Azzan

Azzan Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fortigurn likes this.
  9. Azzan

Azzan Member

Really? how about this then?

Personally I love the gameplay, it's bit like crossed between Max Payne 2 and Half Life 2 imo.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  10. im late

im late Member

OK I watched that whole video. 25 seconds in, those red pixelated objects, WTF?

This game looks like it was made purely to showcase RTX technical rendering, great, however it still does not make it a pretty looking game, yes world looks detailed, so does division 2, breakpoint, etc.. much better looking worlds and no RTX there!!

For a game to be awesome it needs to have immersion, gameplay, story, not just showcase tech no one really has the time to really appreciate when they are actually playing the game....

Sorry, control is a disappointing looking game (based on the game-play I have watched, which is more of an honest look then a cinematic trailer..)

I tend to play my games more than stop moving my character so I can stare at the world.

But all good, each to their own i guess. :thumbup:

Nethiuz likes this.
  11. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

i think those red pixelated objects are actually art style. I haven't personally played the game, but from what I heard from mates, it's actually pretty good and very exciting...

watching the video, reminds me very much Quake 3 aka basic geometry but everything is shinny, personally the maps in Unreal Tournament (that got cancelled due to Fortine 's success) looked much more detailed and much more "next level" back when they released open alpha

12. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I think the gameplay is great and graphical environment looks stunning.

13. power

power Member

i haven't played it yet but nothing i've seen makes it look super amazing to me, just another office building. I prefer stuff like RDR2, or even Gotham in Arkham Knight (and that's UE3). Just not my kind of art style.

14. nope

nope Member

Control is very visually bland something about it isnt that fun to play either.

the_antipop and walker_2003 like this.
  15. nope

nope Member

16. havabeer

havabeer Member

Wouldn't it be easier to have just bought a card with better cooling? For that kind of cash might as well just go a water cooling setup.

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

FYI those Noctua Industrials are insanely fast already at the 2000RPM model. The 3000 RPM model will sound like a jet engine.

18. partybear

partybear Member

I wear headphones when I am playing games, so I don't care what the card sounds like.

19. nope

nope Member

because im a moron this is firmly established
    im hooking them up to the gpu's fan header

20. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

What possessed you to buy a gigabyte to begin with ? Is it at least an A-chip? I don’t understand, you yourself even posted about how bad the gigabyte cards are before you bought it lel

I’m loving the gaming x trio, even with OC i don’t see over 70 degrees at 100% load. In lian li pc-o11d XL with 3xbottom intake fans which would also be helping.