1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I got control with my 2080, I played about 3 hours of it. You're not wrong, the game is rubbish. Bland story, forgettable characters made me put it down. Honestly, a PowerShell script has better visuals..

Nethiuz likes this.
  2. im late

im late Member

Would it be a fair statement to write that is does not present like a 2019 game? I am asuming it is not a AAA title and more of an indie game (not that there is anything wrong with that)?

3. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Yeah that's a fair statement IMHO, I wouldn't say it's an Indie game however given who developed it but its missing something their other games had.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Control has pretty good/deep story that requires lots of reading of stuff in game to get most out of, gameplay wise and graphics wise its bit meh though. I also agree it has one of the best RTX implementations however take that out and GFX are very average. Very poorly optimised too, the DLSS however is also the best implementation to date, almost double FPS for near no visual loss. Its a blurry mess to begin with haha.

Back OT, I almost hope the rumoured 3080ti in July 2020 is not the case, I want my 2080ti to last as long as king as my 1080ti did :p

5. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I've got a feeling they will try and marry an announcement/release with Cyperpunk2077. I'm holding out my upgrade until then.

macktheknife and walker_2003 like this.
  6. nope

nope Member

if i survive the fires ill mod my 2080ti in celebration

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

I don't think 2080Ti will last as long as 1080Ti, nvidia had the high end market covered for years now, it will all depends on how good/bad the AMD/Intel high-end cards will be...Still recon' 2080Ti was an overpriced piece of pile even though I bought one :/

Geno and nope like this.
  8. nope

nope Member

ill use my many noctura fans to put the fires out

macktheknife and walker_2003 like this.
  9. havabeer

havabeer Member

at the temps its running pretty sure it may have started a few of them blazes

nope likes this.
  10. dANiel_

dANiel_ Member

My 1080ti died and is being sent for RMA, is there any decent deals on a 2080 ti.
    I know not an ideal time to upgrade, missed a lot of deals a few months ago

nope likes this.
  11. nope

nope Member

yeah 3500rpm fans giving me the shits hope the nocturas keep it cool and under 88 ill repaste it as well.

12. partybear

partybear Member

Mine is still in rma, I didn't realize but I got that control game for free with the card. I will give it a try when I get it back.

13. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Control is GOTY material, I absolutely loved it and from all accounts it is a spectacular use of RTX (i have a 1660 haha)

14. nope

nope Member

Yeah nah im the opposite it looks ok but gameplay is meh

15. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

So RDR2 finally made me cave and buy a 2080Ti - an MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio. Really nice card so far although i think mine might clock a bit low at about 2100Mhz peak and 2040Mhz sustained in games.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  16. Azzan

Azzan Member

Meh I'm gonna upload Control GOTY 2019 video soon.. been busy working on Best PC Build in Human History by n̶o̶p̶e̶ Stefan for last few days.. :(
    It's taking freaking ages cos pretty much everything he said was incorrect.. he's made well over 50 errors in 11mins video(final version will have error counter) including some critical errors(installing PSU opposite direction, screwing through AIO radiator, using way too much thermal paste, only installing 3/4 CPU heatsink screws etc) which aren't in this video yet, here's the preview.. :D

nope likes this.
  17. havabeer

havabeer Member

your youtube channels says top10 anime lists every week... you did not deliver. you literally have more video's dedicated to control then what you based your whole channel on :wired:

18. Azzan

Azzan Member

lol I was gonna upload anime videos on this channel weekly but only ended up getting bunch of copyright strikes after uploading anime videos.. :(
    What's even worse is that I only had ~40-50 subscribers after uploading ~15 anime videos at the start.. and I've seen few other very similar channels with ~1000 subscribers with ~10-15 videos.
    So I probably won't bother uploading anymore anime videos.. unless I get like 1+mil views and 1000 subscribers with Verge mega mix video.

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Slightly OOT but don't give up. Unless I missed it, I did not find any social media pages in your about page. You've got to leverage these readily available resources to expand your reach.

20. havabeer

havabeer Member

Further off topic...Actually the easiest way is to just buy the subs. $100 for 1000 subs. Then your more likely to get recommended.

I bought 1000 views on a video once just to see if it works. Was like $5, a day or two later it had 1000 views, works fine.