1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Radley

Radley Member

Rumours are if you rub it a genie pops out and grants you 3 wishes.

Depending if I go Europe in September I'll be selling my 2080 and getting a new gen WITH waterblock. I'll probably wait for EVGA to be in stock, and one that has a readily available waterblock this time.

2. nope

nope Member

calling it now 3080ti/ampere will be 2000aud and come wityh 16gb of vram roughly 30% faster than 2080ti at twice the price
    furthermore 5900xt/rdna2 will be 1950aud and come with 16gb of vram and rougly 50% faster than 2080ti but be extremely unstable and have mulitple software issues not fixed in drivers ever/in a year or sos time then broken again.

3. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

wait, is a 2080ti 11gb 1k aud? where? show me. you say 3080ti will be 2k aud and later "be twice".. well you already revealed the full price saying "2k" which then implies 2080 ti 11gb is 1k? show me so i can instabuy today via web order...

4. nope

nope Member

well since morons offered me 1k i reckon used they will be around that in a couple of months once the new stuff launches
    New who knows might settle to 1300 or less around black friday

5. Radley

Radley Member

You can't compare second hand prices of 18 month old tech to new prices of new gear like that..... \

I reckon the next gen will launch at the same price as the 2080/Ti

c4dderly likes this.
  6. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Absolutely, probably ± 50USD pending competition at the time.

There is a bit of hysteria at the moment around AMD drivers, I wouldn't be discounting 'big-navi' just yet, a fix could be just one driver release away. On top of that, even with driver issues, if a 5900XT was competitive with the 3080 Ti it would influence prices. There is a limit to how far Nvidia can leverage driver reliability to sell a card with less performance for more money. That said I would be very surprised if the 3080 Ti didn't take the top performance spot.

7. Radley

Radley Member

I'd bet my middle nut on it.

8. chook

chook Member

I would also bet your middle nut.

The unknown factor, and the one with the biggest likely impact as SKITZ0_000 said, is what AMD is going to offer. Enough people have already demonstrated that if there is no other option that AUD1600'ish for a GPU is an acceptable price that Nvidia has no other reason to not profit.

For now I still feel AMD is still in a, "how close can we get," cycle but hopefully the execution success from the CPU team can be used to benefit the GPU team.

9. Radley

Radley Member

My guess is a hot potato, but you never know. They pulled it off with CPU's. Competition would be fucking amazing though as the prices for the top tier cards are frankly ridiculous.

10. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Nvidia will probably beat Big Navi to market, and do it with a 3070 that outperforms it and doesn't have godawful drivers. The 2080TI will be in the past by then.

11. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

As much as I'm rooting for AMD.
    I can't ever see this years releases from them beating what Nvidia will drop.
    They also need to at least announce and prove it's faster the second we know what 3080ti can do otherwise I'll pre order team green! Sick of waiting for more performance.

chainbolt likes this.
  12. havabeer

havabeer Member

i thought we where all riding on intel to come in and stir up the market?

tunksy, nope and Nethiuz like this.
  13. Radley

Radley Member

Yeah, the low end. Of last gen.

mAJORD and Nethiuz like this.
  14. chook

chook Member

We were but then we woke up and found that we had been playing with ourselves while we slept.

15. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

16. nope

nope Member

Im not rooting for RTGpu's/Radeon because the brands been diluted cut down trash for almost a decade now and no half decent cards in 5-8 years.
    If they come out with THAT killer gpu like a 6990xtx thats 4x a 2080ti with 4 cores or something crazy under 350watt ill be like sweet yep done, you know what i mean like that killer 4870 290 type gpu that will not be topped for a long time and age great.
    But until that comes amd need to pull the fucking shit out from ass as the romans said

As theyve said too amd just aint good enough and i agree, i had a 56 and while the card itself was a great 1080/1070ti alternative the software and driver suite just wasnt there.

Not that nvidia is blameless with its 20 year old control panel UI but it WORKS unlike Amd's offerings.

We are and arent? i refuse to buy their pozzed swiss cheese housefire cpus that have new vunerbilities that literally just came out today.
    Gives me pause what shortcuts and other shit they'll try and do to get a one up on nvidia
    Will that 0.5kw part end up in cumsumers hands next year? is it on 7nm?

chainbolt and Nethiuz like this.
  17. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Intel's discrete graphics section is being headed up by Raja Koduri, the former lead of AMD's Radeon 56/64 you launches. The man sold a good hype game but really underperformed with actual card design and real world performance. The same MO will probably be employed at Intel assuming a graphics card actually launches as Intel is known for vaporware gpu hype trains.

18. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

I think AMD will still keep all the best resources in the CPU division to keep the good momentum going and will realistically play in the mid market and touching the 2070 super performance.

Intel will be playing in low to mid market GPU segment for at least next 2-3 years....highly doubt Intel would launch high-end customer grade card that would compete directly with nvidia's high-end flagship 1st year in dedicated GPU market.

Would be great to see proper competition once again, however realistically I don't see that happening any time soon (aka 2-3 years)

19. Radley

Radley Member

If Intel are targetting low end, why are they even bothering? It baffles me with the cost of entry to this market.

20. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

AMD will have a crack with big navi ...it won't be a winner in terms of raw fps output but it should be competitive in terms of performance/$. One thing that people keep forgetting is that AMD provided both the cpu and you for the next gen consoles ( x box one series x and ps5). Nvidia won't have an auomatic monopoly on game devs being forced to use Nvidia features for best game performance. Hopefully AMD lift their game for the gpu drivers and software too.