NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. kot0005

kot0005 Member

I dunno about tomb raider, Square Enix posted a loss and they r strugglkig

2. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

3. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

4. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

I can't believe I won't even have my 2080ti when BF5 comes out, 26/11/18 eta now on my card. 2 months since pre-ordering :(

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

2 months.... LOL If I found out within 2 weeks I was duped by a vendor with their dodgy pre-order I would be reversing that transaction and take my business elsewhere.

6. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

I ordered the MSI Gaming X Trio 2080Ti. Have loved my 980's and 680's before that so stuck with MSI.

7. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Problem is I want the MSI card and I haven't been able to track one down from a local seller/Aus anyways. I know one vendor had a few come up around the time i pre ordered, i wasn't quick enough. Umart brought pre-orders online for the MSI card, so i jumped on it. Took me a long time before they could even get me an ETA on the actual time. I've waited this long, I can't pull out now I guess. 12 more days.

8. StormOfRazors

StormOfRazors Member

The MSI card is up on PCCG now if you are quick...

9. StormOfRazors

StormOfRazors Member

Nice, Adding support for DXR in time for launch (of the non early access editions of BFV anyway). Nice timing with the news that Microsoft is re-releasing 1809 today.
    Further to my last post, PCCG re-stocked today with a bunch of cards - MSI Gaming X, ASUS Dual Fan and Turbo and Gigabyte Windforce models of 2080ti.

10. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

What's the point of pre ordering if you don't get the item on release day? Tell them to suck an egg an order elsewhere.

VirtualNinja likes this.
  12. im late

im late Member

So I do 1440P @ 75Hz

And I now have no video card in my main rig, thus no working PC.

And I always custom watercool.

So I could get this: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/633718/ASUS-GeForce-RTX2070-Turbo-8GB-GDDR6
    And a suitable waterlbock: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/633376/EK-Vector-RTX-2080-RGB-PlexiNickel-Nvidia-GPU-Waterblock
    $1028 investment for what is a little better than GTX1080 performance

Or I cold get this: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/630...Edition-iCX-8GB-GDDR5-3xDisplayport-HDMI-DVI-
    And a suitable waterblock: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/628280/EK-FC-GTX-FE-PlexiNickel-Nvidia-GPU-Waterblock
    $764 investment for what is a little worse than GTX1080 performance

Around 1070 to 1080 performance is all my chosen panel needs at high settings.. Above that is wasted tech for me. I do not see myself upgrading the panel.

Commonsense would state that a used 1080Ti is the way to go (obvious bang-for-buck), especially as I already have a waterblock sitting on the parts shelf for one, but reference PCB ones do not pop up at all, plus the risk of buying used/warranty claim issues/coil whine/waiting for one to come along means that is not so compelling for me to be without my main PC until something ever pops up.

So basically I am looking at a $264 price increase from the 1070ti so "new tech", "RTX", blah blah.

Give me some good reason to consider the RTX2070, I am thinking there are none, but I am open to thoughts?

13. Shags

Shags Member

After upgrading drivers today i'm seeing details i never saw before in Rocket league (Lightning patterns along the tyres) everything seems much clearer and running at much higher fps (4k everything max 250fps) i can't tell if the drivers have cleared some settings which is why i'm seeing the difference or the drivers have improved things.

14. havabeer

havabeer Member

this x1000

Goose1981 likes this.
  15. kot0005

kot0005 Member

wow all the prices have gone up on 2080Ti's Gigabyte cards are around 2200, same with trio x , asus dual fan etc..

16. urbanvanilla

urbanvanilla Member

I haven't posted here in years, I was just reading this to see what stock in Australia was like, but because it has come up numerous times now with people criticising preorders: lots of people just want to get the card of the brand they want as early as possible. I preordered via PLE online and I chose to just pay on pick up. i.e. I have not paid at all while awaiting my order to come in.

17. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Hope you enjoy 60fps @ 1080p in BFV with RTX on :p

So glad I didn't do my usual day one buy on this GPU series.

18. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I dunno, 73FPS at 1440 on Low RTX isn't that terrible, but 4k is a no go.

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Battlefield_V_RTX_DXR_Raytracing/images/1440.png

Low looks ok, but this is a bit of a joke for the price.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews...RTX_DXR_Raytracing/images/comparison4-low.jpg
    https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews...X_DXR_Raytracing/images/comparison4-ultra.jpg

19. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

There is a huge difference in quality in those screenshots.

Putting any setting on low for a $2200 card is a joke alright.

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

That's what I said???