NVIDIA Announces the GeForce RTX 20 Series | RTX 2080 Ti 2080 2070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 21, 2018.

1. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

The 20% is targeted, I should have said the 15% sitewide coupon is rare.

:)

2. Sledge

Sledge Member

3. Sledge

Sledge Member

4. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Well I guess I got a good deal on my 2080Ti by preordering lol. Its $2400 at ple now and no free keyboard which I sold for $80!

EK blocks are on sale at PLE btw, 159 for blocks and 47 for Backplate.

5. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Sledge likes this.
  6. Sledge

Sledge Member

https://babeltechreviews.com/geforce-416-94-driver-performance-analysis/3/
    comparison of newer drivers vs older drivers with RTX2070 and GTX1060

They seem to believe that the performance has increased overall... but just glancing over the scores, to me it looks like more have decreased than increased..
    so I'm not so sure that the story of more mature drivers will help performance of the new cards in the future..

Can't see the free KB anywhere now..

7. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Well 26th came round (today), after 2 months of waiting for my 2080Ti I was meant to get it, last update from them was Friday saying still on for Monday. Today get an email from Umart after I messaged them at the end of the day asking for an update and they tell me; "Sorry but the honest truth is we don't have an ETA on the card, and cannot get hold of any and do not know when we will be getting any into the country".

I am over it, well and truly. I preordered 2 months ago, transfered the money straight away and all for nothing. I kindly asked for them to transfer my money back into the account i sent them the money from initially and I am just going to forget this release and learn my lesson.

Never preorder.

I just hope they don't mess me about with the refund because I really could use that money now to pay off some of my credit card.

joerandom likes this.
  8. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

The 10% off coupon does not apply to bundles such as the RTX20 series+ free coolermaster keyboard bundle.

9. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

I haven't cancelled my pre-order with PLE yet, because it looks like every retailer is selling 2080 Ti's for a couple hundred more than the original retail prices at the moment, so I might end up saving a couple hundred bucks. I've asked myself if I'd pay a couple hundred more to get my card sooner, but I don't think I'm that keen, so I'll keep waiting.

Of course if they tell me I can't have the price I ordered the card for, then that's the kind of thing that gets people into the news on telly.

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Or they just kick your pre order around in the system forever hoping you'll give up on it, or the card you ordered gets a revised edition with a different part number and they just cancel it.

11. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

It will be difficult for them to try put cards on their webstore to "in stock" without me noticing, though, so I doubt the former is an option. They might cancel my order, on the other hand, so I'll need to keep an eye on it.

12. Rea:Per

Rea:Per Member

what version of the 2080ti did you pre-order.

I pre-ordered (without pre-payment) an EVGA XC Gaming from umart on launch day (after wasting time looking around at what I could get elsewhere)
    I received mine on the 2nd of Nov. which was a little over 5 weeks after launch.

13. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Should have cancelled it ages ago...you missed out on a lot of in stock gpus at pccg.

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

sigh...
    Why is VIC always so slow....

15. lowdog

lowdog Member

Do a prolonged session of continuous gaming on a 2080ti and chances are good the card will die, there is a definite issue with the 2080 series. Don't believe me then check it out, read the whole thread and then see if you can still justify defending Nvidiot!

https://hardforum.com/threads/rtx-2080-ti-fe-escapes-testing-by-dying-after-8-hours-h.1972149/page-9

One guy in thread is on his 4th consecutive rma and now want's a refund....can't blame him either.

You'd either have to be brave, fool hardy or a blind follower to buy one of these now days considering all the failure rates coming to light...…...or perhaps uninformed and unaware.....but if you read linked thread and still choose to buy then...…..wtf!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  16. iinsom

iinsom Member

Nothing wrong with my card? Have had a few long gaming sessions over the weekends ive had the card, still works as well as the day i got it.

Not denying there is an issue, but i havnt looked at OC'ing my card. Maybe thats the issue people are having?

17. 8MadDog8

8MadDog8 Member

Has their been any official response from nVidia regarding the higher rate of failures?

Been wanting to get a new 2080, but the longevity is a bit concerning.....

18. Sledge

Sledge Member

just don't buy FE

19. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

not really a RGB guy but this does look pimp

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  20. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

I know the original FE's had a hell of a lot of problems and should be avoided like the plague

Dumb newbie question, though, do they keep making FE cards or they like a limited release at launch? If they keep making them it might be okay to buy a later one... but they're not really very good compared to AIB cards I guess