SOLVED Nvidia Control Panel could not be installed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by [RMS] ST1NG3R, Jul 30, 2010.

1. [RMS] ST1NG3R

[RMS] ST1NG3R Member

Hey guys,

Having troubles with my Graphics card drivers. tried to update to the latest one today (258.96) for my msi 9500gt but half way through the install it came up with "The NVIDIA Control Panel could not be installed which may affect driver functionality. The most recent driver that worked will now be restored." and yeah so my graphics are pretty much f*ked up at the moment :mad:

i have tried re-installing the older driver i was running and the same error came up. so i thought it may be because i had stopped the control panel service in msconfig so i re-enabled all services but it didnt help.

i jumped onto the internet and found this (same problem different driver): http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153899
    so i did what WW_Dagger says to do in post 15 but it didnt work, i also tried what ManuelG says in post 8 but again didnt work

can someone please help?

System info:
    OS - Windows XP pro 32bit (sp3)
    GFX - MSI 9500gt

(im sorry if how i have posted the problem seams a little "weird" i am really tired and annoyed :( )

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. OP
    OP
    [RMS] ST1NG3R

[RMS] ST1NG3R Member

All fixed guys :D

ran system restore and restored to before any of this shit happened then re-downloaded the driver and extracted and updated manually ;)