1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce 700-Series Thread | 790 780 Ti 770 760 750 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Oct 15, 2012.

1. camui

camui New Member

ah i see! awesome thanks for your informative reply :D makes me feel much more comfortable for when i have to do the mounting!

yeah the tech in those fans seem pretty fancy haha, still deciding which ones to go with, i probably want to have minimal acoustics!

2. eukaryote:)

eukaryote:) Member

Not too fast. There's an inverse relationship between too high a flow and temperatures.

3. Sven76

Sven76 Member

The speed setting is hard to change as i mounted the pump side on close to the hdd cage. Changed it to full tonight when i finished the lighting in the case and the gpu stayed 3 degs cooler hitting 39 but the day is about 4 degs cooler than yesterday so who knows. The pump is too fast now have like a tsunami going on in the res i will turn it back to 4 tomorrow. CPU stayed at 52 so will see.

4. leighzor

leighzor Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. Sven76

Sven76 Member

I think these are Fantastic to be honest and several colours. My only issue is where are you going to mount it? If you have an AIO running on the CPU and then want tot add this its gunna be messy on the majority of cases i rection.

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

So the white part in the pic is a heatsink for the electrical components too? Pretty good idea.

Do they sell the heatsink/mount kit separately for later upgrades?

:thumbup:

7. Sven76

Sven76 Member

Yup the idea is the fan on their aids in cooling the compnents other than the gpu but just with air... I think they are great but yeah fitting them in could be a challenge.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26118

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26117

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26116

8. wraith666

wraith666 Member

I think they are a step in the right direction but still pretty silly having no VRM cooling bar the big fan. Need to have a proper solution with a full cover. Can't imagine it being too hard really. Too expensive as well. 30 odd dollars for that plus 100 plus for the cooler.

9. Twizzly

Twizzly Member

Too hard to come up with a universal vrm solution I'd say

10. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Thing is though you can get full water blocks for most models anyway so how hard could it be to make a plug and play kit. Push on fittings to a radiator prefilled with coolant. Pick your water block and done. I am almost certain with something like the Swiftech 320 you could have cpu and gpu water cooled without as much hassle.

11. Muddy Funster

Muddy Funster Member

Still need to go out and buy the heatsinks for the vrm also on the 290 at least there is the cluster of vrm in the top left that aren't cooled by anything

12. leighzor

leighzor Member

I think it's a great idea, if you have any old corsair Hxx whatever or similar you can wack it on your GPU and get some nice temps for 35 bux.

I bet other companies are thinking why didn't we do that hehe.. They would be awesome to install at one of the front 140mm fans of my 750d case, only concern i'd have is tubing everywhere, and not the sexy (custom loop) type. Although the new corsair kits do look nice.

13. leighzor

leighzor Member

What are you going to be running your 780ti at daily overclock? I'm thinking +150 / +200 I agree the ref cooler is VERY silent compared to a lot of card I've owned over the years.

14. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Personally I really like universal gpu blocks and have had one in my loop for nearly 2 years, if I can buy their heatsink for $35 it will greatly improve the future viability of my loop and extend the universal nature of my block. I'm not interested in glueing sinks all over a 290x so it will never get to use my UNi block, with that heatsink it will.

Win-win

:D

15. leighzor

leighzor Member

I like the choice of colours too depending on your cases theme if you're into the PC aesthetics side of things :p

16. Muddy Funster

Muddy Funster Member

I'm doing this in my sons machine, fractal Arc midi R2, has a H100 for cpu in the top, and a H90 at the front for the GPU. Now just waiting for the bracket

17. leighzor

leighzor Member

Very nice, I'll probably do something similar to this (wonder if I upgrade my CPU cooler to a h110 while I'm at it hehe.. or just have 2 H90s running one for CPU one for GPU) - where'd you order the bracket from? PCCG? bit of a wait for it :(

My only concern is mem chips on the other side - thoughts guys??

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  18. Muddy Funster

Muddy Funster Member

Ordered form nzxt direct. Wonder if you could still use a backplate?

19. leighzor

leighzor Member

Don't think you could, the mounting bracket seems to stick up a bit, I suppose you could modify a backplate though?

20. camui

camui New Member

hey muddy, how did you order from nzxt? i've been wanting to order a side panel from them for my phantom 630 but they only ship within the US?

EDIT: Oh no worries, didnt' see they had international checkout, awesome! damn shipping is expensive, all up becomes $80 for the side window =\

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013