1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 3060 3050 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

lol - way to go cherry picking games to (once again), suit your narrative :lol::lol:.

Using the very same Techpowerup data you used earlier, the average diff between a 3080 and 2080Ti is 23% at stock speeds.

If you want to cherry pick, I can cherry pick some games from that same data too if you like?

1440p:
    Borderlands 3: 13% faster than a 2080Ti
    Project Cars 3: 16% faster
    Civ 6: 19% faster
    BF5: 21% faster
    AC Origins: 24% faster

I get that you're in love with the 3080 and your confirmation bias won't let you be open to reality, but it's 100% time to hop off nVidia's dick :thumbup:

mAJORD and connico like this.
  2. aokman

aokman Member

But why, why would anyone buy these cards... either wait for the real AIB cards that aren’t artificially limited or get an FE...

I need to reiterate this, the benchmarks posted are for the FE cards not AIB reference cards, don’t automatically expect the same performance...

The AIB cards could end up thermal throttling or hitting their power limits and reducing boost speeds.

3. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Because it's a 2 slot card that will fit in my itx case and isn't unattainable like the FE cards look like they're going to be. I will likely be slightly undervolting the card to manage thermals/noise anyway so upper power limits are not a big concern to me.

I am also waiting for reviews hence my "I hope it doesn't bomb in reviews" remark.

combatant3219, RnR and SSJ4 like this.
  4. ominae

ominae Member

Is the expectation that FE's will become more widely available across retailers post launch? Or is it Mwave only going forward?

5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

It is a one time allocation to mwave from what they have said.

6. Skramit

Skramit Member

So without giving away secret plans of purchasing attack, what are people gonna try to buy tonight? WHos going for an international 3080 FE vs AIB local stock vs both vs other? Because theres a donkeys chance anyone is getting an MWave FE..... so.....whats the plans?

I'm gonna have 3 browser windows open, one for nVidia USA and 2 local stores open. Refreshing all 3 will be interesting but will be targetting nVidia primarily as I love the FE looks, but want a local store AIB as backup! I feel like any more than 3 browser tabs, i simply will be too slow on all of them, you gotta be quick!

MWave confirmed one shipment only to MWave, eve. And based on their social media replies, best gueses are 100 of each model so very minimal. It's a marketing exercise and not much more. it's so nVidia can say "we launched FE in Australia" but really it's just window dressing and a paper launch with so few cards on offer.

7. chook

chook Member

Would you not get this one?
    https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3885-KR

It being Ultra Gaming and 45MHz faster on the boost clock would have to enhance your e-manhood, no?

coolroy and jjjc_93 like this.
  8. ricmc

ricmc Member

Yeah I'll have a couple sites open and just hopefully get in line. I don't mind waiting, just want to have a spot.

9. connico

connico Member

lol love it.. was in the process of writing a similar post. But you've already done it... nice cherry picking lol

This statement didn't age well and its only a day old lol

10. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

How do I unsee a comment?

11. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Wasn't the 2XXX series the first of the new RTX stuff and associated cores?
    It had new tech, hence the price rise? As with everything the first gen of new stuff is expensive and early adopters cop that knowingly (usually)

12. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

coolroy likes this.
  13. The Beast

The Beast Member

I'm only hopping off their dick if you suck mine.

1440 is clearly CPU bound for some titles, but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
    I know you're desperate to prove yourself right, but you really sound more and more like a disgruntled 2080Ti with each passing comment.
    I may be guilty of the odd confirmation bias here and there (happy to have it pointed out), but you have acute buyer's remorse induced cognitive dissonance.

4k:
    Borderlands 3: 43% faster
    Project Cars 3: 21% faster
    Civ 6: 26% faster
    BF5: 29% faster
    AC Origins: 28% faster

From the Tech Power Up summary:

But yeah, you're probably right, the 3080 is "meh".

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  14. chook

chook Member

I can't help but read this as a one time offer from their Nigerian overlords to help them move some GPU's out of the country. :D

FuzwaldQO, Goosegamer and jjjc_93 like this.
  15. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

Hahaha

16. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Hahaha yes sorry, copy and pasted wrong number (was doing some excel work) 30% not 22%.

My point was you can demonstrate a larger or smaller percentage based on how you word it and people do it all the time.

17. Domokun

Domokun Member

[​IMG]

Aetherone, ricmc, Voltus and 7 others like this.
  18. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

anyone know or seen ultra wide benchmarks yet? 3440x1440p? asking for a friend.

pH@tTm@N, coolroy and stroggos2k like this.
  19. chook

chook Member

All this needs is a throaty voice over saying, "come over here and part me silicon curtains."

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

Sigh. It's ageing just fine thanks.

Here is the post with the predictions, trimmed and highlighted to point out the bits your brain seems unable to focus on.

It checks out. It is exactly what the review benchmarks are showing. Average 4K improvement against 2080Ti is >30%.