1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 3060 3050 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg Member

My PCCG eBay 3080 Xtreme Order just got cancelled...GRRRRR

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Oh FFS that sucks, guess PCCG didn't mean to put the listing up?

3. Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg Member

"The seller cancelled this order because: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

They sent a refund to your original payment method"

Well, in good news, my Alienware monitor has shipped.

4. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

5. lithos

lithos Member

Yeah!

Lotta crossover between architect and ID - hell, those old guys like Frankie Lloyd and Ivanoff (the Sandgroper Modernist!) used to design the furniture that was to go into their houses. But fuck it, someone who's reasoning and justification for their design is more than "I love greebles".

Those Singularity cases are borderline taking the piss, too. "Billet"? Well, yes, I guess technically 4mm thick sheet stock could, in the strictest sense, because considered "billet". Like how one of those pre-sliced sandwich slices of Coon could, technically, be considered a "block" of cheese. And that's what Singularity appears to be doing. They're just using sheet aluminium...just very thick sheet aluminium. It's still all bolted together when it needs to turn a corner.

Same goes with their machining - yes, it's CNC, but it's only one-axis, by the look of it: straight down, at one angle. It's not anything that couldn't be done with a stamp or punch.

6. Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg Member

pH@tTm@N likes this.
  7. jekel

jekel Member

man that sux, wonder if any buyers will get them from those sales....

8. The Beast

The Beast Member

I've been looking at it for the past couple of hours, seriously considered it to save the effort of me having to block my FTW3 Ultra (when I get it).
    Problem is, it's basically a $600 for waterblock.... on a 2x8pin card.... with no resale value to non-custom water cooling folk.

If I could flip my FTW3 Ultra for $1600 it might be worth it, but I would feel like a mongrel doing that, so I won't.

9. azz

azz Member

The block design looks much simpler than the better blocks out there, only worth it if you want the bling...

10. afcca

afcca Member

So, my 3060ti arrived today. Did a fresh driver install using DDU.. and I haven't gotten a huge gain over my GTX970 in the primary two games I play - Overwatch and WoW, both sitting around 70fps in 1440p which is pretty much the same as what I had before at the same settings strangely enough. WoW has been pretty all over the place since Shadowlands launch of course with it's updated textures and all that and did sometimes dip quite low, but I was kind of expecting a bit more from a 5 year upgrade when the card isn't even using 50% loading and the cpu isn't hitting 20% either.

(5820k for reference)

Skramit likes this.
  11. The Beast

The Beast Member

3060Ti should get you between 2080 Super and 2080Ti performance at 1440p. Something else going on if you can't see a change compared to a GTX970!

Edit: If the GPU is at 50% load you might want to check there isn't something else limiting. Vsync? Framerate limiter?

combatant3219 likes this.
  12. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

if your GPU isn't going past 50% load you probably have a frame cap operating somewhere - if you have overwatch set to 60hz or on a 60hz display it's default setting will cap you at 70fps

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

3070 series shortages according to Gamer Meld.
    Timestamp start: 5:07

15. metalrain

metalrain Member

Ayyy, after nearly about 5 emails back and forth, I finally got my COD BLOPS CW game code. EVGA wanted an actual tax invoice, no need for a picture of the box.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Is that all? I had to provide scans of not only that but the barcode on the back of the card and also a picture of the entire back of the card.

metalrain likes this.
  17. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I've just moved up to 3440 x 1440 for my gaming monitor and the 2060 Super doesn't do too badly, but my son's 1060 6GB is starting to let him down. The plan at this point is to hand down the 2060 Super and upgrade my card (since I'm paying for it and all :p ).

The 3060Ti seemed to be the obvious choice but reviews are a little all over the place in recommending it at this sort of res and the jump to a 3070 isn't much more and is probably worth it... but then the 6800XT comes in as a competitor at that price too.

Mind you, this is all theoretical for now since you can't really buy any of them right now anyway. Plan B is to keep an eye out for a 2080 Super as someone else upgrades at a decent price... but if a 3060Ti matches the 2080 Super it's likely to be at about the same price.

18. Luno

Luno Member

The reference 6800xt aib’s are that price point but not the regular aib’s being more in the 1300-1700 price point in line with 3080’s. As far as the 3060ti it does seem to be in line with the 2080 supers possibly even close to 2080ti

19. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

good to see "some" manufacturers lifting their game..... MSI on the other hand....

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

Oh screw that. If I had to pull out my GPU for that, I would have just given up :wired:

MR CHILLED likes this.