1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 3060 3050 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. micsway123

micsway123 Member

2. jpw007

jpw007 Member

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

4. PureFire

PureFire Member

RTX Quadro 4000 only has 8GB. No chance you want that for your purposes.
    So the next up the chain is the RTX Quadro 6000 with 24GB at a low low price of $7000.

Pretty sure you will be buying a gaming card like many other machine learning companies, digital content creators etc, thus creating more demand for cards that should be going to gamers and now you know why prices are sky high. Extreme demand.

5. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Mine are actually the Corsair ones, seems steep @ $150 per pack but imo they are better value than cablemods. Also comes with heaps of pcie cables

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

7. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

couldnt you just hydro dip your block for a lot less?

8. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

If anyone is just getting there rtf 3800 cards now or recently are they still able to get/claim a free game or is that a thing of the past?? If so is cod still the game

9. PureFire

PureFire Member

Both promotions that were running for Watch Dogs / COD have expired. The promotion was quite slimy in how it was run as you didn't qualify for the free game at the time of purchase, you had to submit your entry once you took delivery of the card and entered the product code as proof of purchase. Even then if you did so before the promotion expired, the manufactures could deny your entry if they had "run out" of game codes.

Slug69 likes this.
  10. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Thanxs for your reply PureFire

11. choppa

choppa Member

:lol: - not bad. M2 money supply = cash, savings accounts, deposits. If you look at how much money the advanced nations of the world have printed through their money creation system (treasury etc) over the past year, it has literally doubled the amount of money that existed prior to their printing contained in all cash/savings accounts etc. What you need to ask is where this money goes through stimulus - and one way or another it ends up first in stocks then in assets. Most people who work for a living (earn a wage rather than make money on investments) miss out on a lot of this stimulus because they don't own enough stocks or assets for the underlying "value" to go up (inflation). So if my stock "value" doubles, I can sell half as much as I needed before to buy the same other products I wanted (i.e. I can pay 2x the RRP for a videocard and I haven't paid more than I would have before, hence inflation).

Anyway... good joke about the punching a miner with a hardhat... but what if it's just a tradie construction worker in the city? You sure you want to punch those CMFEU boys? Much better to just point a magnetron at them and fry their crypto wallets :leet:

Also - what does LHR stand for in this context? I keep thinking London Heathrow when I see LHR.

Ellroy80 likes this.
  12. choppa

choppa Member

Looks like you're right... Even the 8000 is outperformed by the 3090, so fuck it, I'll get a 3090 when the price is more reasonable. Why? Well I want to game as well. But I'm not in a rush just yet and I cannot even as a business justify the asking price as honestly most tasks I currently perform are more CPU bound than anything.

13. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Lite Hash Rate - mining limiter for Ethereum.

Sankari likes this.
  14. jekel

jekel Member

Browsing PCCG/Scorptec this morning. So many 3070, 3070TI, 3080, 3080TI in stock but prices not amazing. Still at least you have the option to buy something good for gaming not like in recent times when it was a massive fight to to try buy anything.

Kinda a good sign stock levels improved a tiny bit or maybe cost/people who needs cards have one that has dropped demand a bit.

Ellroy80 and raincloudx like this.
  15. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

jekel likes this.
  16. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Yep, just a waiting game now, seeing way more sub $3k prices. Expecting full hashrate cards to climb in value and these Ti/LHR cards to drop a bit more, thinking the 3080ti will be 2.3-2.5 by end of year.

Unless of course the limiter is broken lol.

Ellroy80 likes this.
  17. jekel

jekel Member

Yeh that would be mint, always wanted to try a Vulcan. I remember someone selling 2x2080TI Vulcan on the forum.....thought too long about it and they were gone lol...........I almost bought the 2080TI Kudan when they were clearing that out at Evatech 2.3-2.4k from memory but ended up not getting it (no chance to hide it I thought from the mrs as came with a suitcase hahahaha).

mad_mic3 likes this.
  18. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

This sounds nice, wouldn't mind flipping my trve hash rate 3080 and getting into a 3080ti later in the year, a free small upgrade would be nice. It's not really going to be a noticeable change but it has Ti so it's cooler :p

Definitely seeing more cards in stock, the prices are still broken but just the fact that they are sitting there in stock is a big change.

Haha, I was eyeing off those Vulcans too, aaaand that same Kudan from evatech! Didn't go for it though, found a cheap gaming X trio.

Got my 3080 Vulcan though, pretty happy with it, stock thermal pads and paste weren't very good but the cooler goes really well after replacing them, which I think I'd do for any 30 series.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  19. OJR

OJR Member

Umart were the real heroes when the 3080 launched, but it looks like they too couldn’t resist the crack pipe for the 3080 Ti launch:

https://www.umart.com.au/GeForce-RTX-3080-Ti_1077C.html

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

Still haven't heard anything from PCCG about my RTX 3070 Ti order made on Thursday. Dunno if I should keep that order active if the prices are going to keep going down. $1,700 for an RTX 3070 Ti, especially for a very basic one, does seem a bit excessive even in this market, no?