NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

pre-order here.

2. Domokun

Domokun Member

Yep, I agree! I purchased parts for two gaming computers from Computer Alliance recently, and I won't be doing it again. The other retailers were excessive but they took it to a new level.

Luno likes this.
  3. Bass

Bass Member

Why are the EVGA cards cheaper than others? I put a preorder on the FTW Ultra from PLE. Also have one on an Eagle from PCCG but will probs cancel that one.

4. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

The pricing on the EVGA cards seems to be where it should be, that is, $100 or so more than US pricing. I don't know why, maybe they have a different distributor or something, I feel like its too good to be true and fully expect my pre-order not to be honoured, but I'd love to be surprised. Maybe its just the 20 series pricing making me jaded to anything that seems like it isn't stupidly expensive.

5. Apache

Apache Member

you know it's not even funny that part from the video. not trying to be clever, but why if one really wanted to do that, not use software? it works better and would not, potentially, damage your hardware. make an autohotkey script to refresh via f5 every x nanoseconds or whatever you want.

additionally, you would think most these sites would use cloudflare or similar (custom?) to protect/boost their sites, in general, and if an ip refreshes (sends unusual http requests, whatever) too often they get a cooldown from minutes to even hours and an eventual day(s)/perma ban if persistent. you would think that kind of protection would be used by most sites anyway, so the refresh joke, if truly that --a joke, would not even stand to initial scrutiny.

6. Bass

Bass Member

Yeah I'll be disappointed if they just cancel it. I don't really mind waiting a few weeks if that's how long it takes..

I always had a decent opinion of CA before tonight lol. Theirs were the first prices I got to load and my jaw kind of dropped.

7. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

That's what I come to OCAU for, discussion about how realistic the idea of a person using an electric drill attached to a wine bottle cork in order to smash the f5 key.

chook and 151528 like this.
  8. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

EVGA 30x0 HydroCopper --- yes Please, save me the trouble of putting a block on myself.

Eventhough have 2 3080's on order. pretty sure the Scorp one was a preorder for next shipment, and the mwave will be the same given the APP was not updating stock in real time.

Photo taken from EVGA's website

[​IMG]

RnR and sskmercer like this.
  9. 151528

151528 Member

Scrutiny... Joke... What?

Don't think, laugh

10. chook

chook Member

EVGA and Nvidia have a special relationship that goes back many, many years. Possibly they have favourable contract terms. I am actually glad that their pricing is good since they are the brand I am favouring this time.
    And grout filled tyres.

macktheknife likes this.
  11. ssnke

ssnke Member

you chaps notice the eBay listings... sigh... they are listing pre-orders right? units which the seller doesn't actually own (yet)

Sorry if I missed this discussion earlier..
    I've always purchased the STRIX of previous gens, but feel that its no longer necessary?!
    I don't OC so wondering if its worth just getting an FE since its a smaller pcb, better cooling cheaper..
    I'll be vertically mounting the card.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  12. devolutionary

devolutionary Member

I finally managed to 'snag' a couple of cards... errr preorders at least. lol

I was F5ing nvidia US to import via forwarder but they NEVER showed as in stock even at 11:00:05 forward... my attention was more there so I lagged behind on the Aussie sites.

Finally was able to checkout and pay for a EVGA XC3 Ultra at PLE for $1224 shipped. Great price.
    Also got an XC3 gaming from Scorptec for $1445 shipped.
    Both Paypal payments went through.

The Scorptec order is an insurance policy against a possible long wait or cancel from PLE.
    I'd rather the better card for few hundy less from PLE but not if Scorptec can deliver a month sooner.
    I need card ASAP, new build parts waiting, no PC at all currently.

Now I gotta try to find out what the ETAs are from each.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    stroggos2k likes this.
  13. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

14. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It's just scammers trying to get an idiot to pay $2.5k USD for a card they don't even own. I bet Ebay kills all the listings in the next 10 hours. They're all getting smashed by trolls anyway.

15. 151528

151528 Member

16. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

I know that I seen it, I was just putting it up again cause of the amount it has gotten to

macktheknife and 151528 like this.
  17. devolutionary

devolutionary Member

EVGA had to respond to the outcry over the prolapsed anus/hooker lips designs.
    A solution is in the works haha... so glad to hear that. :)

Goosegamer likes this.
  18. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

Ok enough internet for tonight on that comment, night boys

devolutionary likes this.
  19. devolutionary

devolutionary Member

I didn't name them. ;)

20. 151528

151528 Member

Tune in next week for round 2!

3090nogo.jpg