NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Straferight

Straferight Member

One thing is for sure. Nvidia never had any FE stock, I don't believe the bot BS.
    I was there refreshing non stop on multiple pages. Went from 'Notify' to 'Out of stock' at 11:05.

2. OJR

OJR Member

I think it's pretty scummy of Scorptec (a forum sponsor) to be price gouging the way they are. I know they're going to come up with some bullshit excuse, but if PLE can sell them for a reasonable price then our "good mates" at Scorptec are just being scumbags. They generated the most hype, then jacked up the prices. I guess they're just a business at the end of the day.

vitagen, Domokun, c4dderly and 8 others like this.
  3. Straferight

Straferight Member

Especially when they had 0 stock from the get go.

4. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

Any idea when strix and aorus cards will go up for order somewhere? I'm tempted to just get in the queue on a evga ftw3 but was thinking of going all out on one of the higher end models, that said I'm scared what the price will be!

5. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Gotta pay for all the deadshit memes they're paying some kid to post on Facebook constantly.

vitagen, anarchron, terrabyte and 3 others like this.
  6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

PLE Sold a gigabyte on ebay for $300 more than others were asking, granted they have to deal with extra overheads but not that much.

stroggos2k likes this.
  7. OJR

OJR Member

Did anyone manage to order from Scorptec? I'd be keen to know when they ship.

8. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I thought they were boasting about actually having stock prior to the release??

stroggos2k likes this.
  9. Straferight

Straferight Member

It's possible... but I was one of the first in @11 before the site crashed and they were all pre-order, so I highly doubt it.

stroggos2k likes this.
  10. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

what’s the eta on those evga $1139 cards at ple?

11. Sunder

Sunder Member

I can see "Founders Editions" on eBay for $2750, "10 available.", in the "CBD".

Not only do we have to deal with scalpers now, we have to weed out the outright scammers.

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Still adamant 3070's will be $1200?

13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

For people who managed to get an order in, any bets on when these cards will actually land? I'm expecting mid october from mwave lol.

Prob super limited quantities, 10 of each if they were lucky.

While people were refreshing the home page (5000 people), others were refreshing the search page (500 people), others were refreshing product pages (50), others were waiting on their 'add to cart' scripts to return a success (5). This thing happens every damn time there's a hot item with super limited stock.

14. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

I hope I am wrong!

is the asus tuf model at $1399 worth the extra $$ tho?

15. power

power Member

seems my strategy of doing SFA has triumphed again, 1080Ti still doing the do. Ya'll got too hyped.

People blame nv and retail for all this hyping, but the reality is it was youtubers and the community that hyped themselves up.

SSJ4, DarkWorld, millen and 1 other person like this.
  16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Wouldn't have thought so.

17. Straferight

Straferight Member

From what I have seen the TUF performs better than the XC3.

18. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I definitely got fucked in the ass by Computer Alliance, got the absolute base model Gigabyte Eagle and paid $1,600 :lol: Oh well, tbh I don't mind paying a $300'ish premium to get a card on the first batch and get to enjoy it, it's only money, literally like half a day of work, meh. I've got a HP Reverb G2 arriving in a month and I was desperate to make sure I can take the headset to it's full potential in my Sim Racing. So far from the AIB reviews, it doesn't matter if you get the shitter one or the more expensive one, they all seem to perform pretty similar. I'm very interested to see how the absolute top cards perform!

I was kind of pigeon hole'd into what I could buy anyway. I need a card with a minimum of 5 outputs which the Gigabyte Eagle and Gaming OC have, preferably 6 which the Aorus master and xtreme have but who knows when they'll be available and how exorbitant they will be priced. All the other cards like MSI, EVGA and ASUS only have the 4 from what I saw.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  19. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I would love to know how many cards ple "sold" last night. I bet the xc3 and ftw3 cards have quite the queue and will be a fair wait but damn do I feel good about that pricing after seeing all the $1500 cards on the lead-up.

20. Luno

Luno Member

I’m really hoping now the 3090 will be the bit out of most people’s budget. And I’ll be able to snag one. Was trying to be good spend less money and grab a 3080. Can’t imagine how bad it will be for the more budget friendly 3070’s release