NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Checking out some reviews this morning and there really isnt much difference between the 2x 8 pin vs 3x 8 pin cards, even for overclocking?

2. Straferight

Straferight Member

I haven't seen OCs pushed, but it looks like ~5% from reference.

3. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I bet the 3070 will be closer to $1000 - $1100. If were damn lucky it'll be $800 - $900 which for a low to mid end card is still over priced.

Over a month to wait and see if big Navi could throw a spanner in the works but considering the "low" prices of the 3000 series I guess Nvidia has already seen to that.

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I really can't see there almost being overlap between the high end 3070's and entry 3080s. There will be $800-900 3070s.

5. PhilDee

PhilDee Member

I got an order to ple last night around 11:40 (when I placed it seemed to have just gone out of stock and showed 2/10 eta but changed to out of stock after) my brother gave up and got an order through around 7 this morning. Bit over 2200 numbers higher on the SO than mine. Assume a high % of those are evga cards too. Could be a long wait

6. raGneG

raGneG Member

Well i got a confirmed order from Scorptec but no idea if 'in stock' actually means in stock.

7. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Yeah I have a feeling it could be a very long wait. Even now, they still have it open to pre-order. Should definitely have disclaimers up. I think it could be a 2-3 month wait if people ordered after that initial rush when the website came back online. I got in while a lot of people were still having issues, so I think I should be in the next batch, but those that order through the night and this morning could be waiting until 2021...

Doesn't help that OzBargain has listed the PLE website... going to lead to lots of orders.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  8. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

:O
    My SO was in 8724xx

9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah but with covid and our shit economy not to mention limited stock and price gouging... they wont be cheap.

A lot of places were speculating $1200 ish for the 3080, it's $1400 most places. The 3070 was speculated $800 ish, so it'll probably be $1000.

10. jvalente

jvalente Member

Vote with your wallet and never buy from them again. But I suspect most people will forget about it and buy from them in the future.

I saw a retailer doing BS like this "Don't pay $1700...pay $1500". Can't remember who. Even though $1500 was already well above MSRP.

11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

The speculation on here was $1500-1800 for 3080s and $1200 for 3070s.

12. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

Centrecom

stroggos2k and jvalente like this.
  13. Quipster

Quipster Member

so 15%-20% OC vs OC difference vs the 2080ti yawn ill wait for the 3080ti's

so about in the range I expected

14. power

power Member

this whole thing cracks me up, i worked in retail when the 6600GT dropped. that card was fucking HYPE. Our allocation was SUPER low and the boss was pissed because I bought one hahaha.

15. heslo

heslo Member

Wow, I'm 8707xx and I bought when it was on backorder for the start of October

Straferight likes this.
  16. Bert

Bert Member

I noticed Computer Alliance in Brisbane is doing their usual price gouging as well, and no stock on hand.

Not that I would buy from those clowns anyway, but looked out of curiosity, remembering their crazy inflated prices on Ryzen CPUs not long ago.

17. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I'm 8703xx... Interested to see when I get mine then.

18. The Beast

The Beast Member

I was going to pre-order the FTW last night but I’m highly skeptical about PLE’s ability to deliver.

The card is still available to preorder this morning, which means they are just taking unlimited preorders - at full price - with not even a hint of when they might be delivered.

I don’t particularly want to give PLE $1200 bucks to play with on the stock market for the next three months, and then have them cancel the order which apparently they can do whenever they please:

Furthermore, they are (imho) misusing COVID-19 to changed their conditions of sale and reduce our rights as consumers.

In summary, I don't know how well it will go with PLE if you place an order now (and get charged the full amount), but wish to cancel in a month when there is no sign of stock.

Also I'm not confident the eVGA cards will see waterblocks at all, so I'm happier to wait.

I read the Zotac reviews because it is one of the boards using a reference design, and therefore can be easily watercooled. Unfortunately it looks like the power limits are very low on that board, so I think boost will throttle no matter how much cooling it gets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  19. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

I get the feeling I should just cancel mine :D I gave up on that website last night.
    I just submitted an order to pay on pickup. No way am I paying $1200 to maybe get one in 2 weeks and probably be in 2 months.

20. heslo

heslo Member

Was yours listed as start of October?