NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I didn't mean on here I meant tech news sites who at least have contacts in the industry for rough pricing.

Either way the 3080 is still way over priced, it should be $800 at most, 3070 should be $600 and 3090 should be $1100. Performance doesn't matter, Nvidia are and have been screwing us on pricing for years simply because they can.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. metalrain

metalrain Member

I had to settle on the FE lottery for the RX 3090 and 3080 since I couldn't get a pre order for the FTW3 that I really wanted. Fingers crossed I'll get either. But my wallet is going to be very sore if I can only get the RTX 3090 :Paranoid:

3. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I can't recall - my order went through at about 11.30. I must have been one of the first ones when the website was trying to keep up.

4. heslo

heslo Member

Why aren't you confident they'll release a block for the evga?

5. power

power Member

they are charging what the market will bear. if they were in fact over-priced they would not sell just like the 20XX series.

capitalism at work kids.

dr_deathy and Radley like this.
  6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Of course. That won't phase most people given their general excellent treatment of customers and reliability as a retailer.

7. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

It was at the time of the order. I doubt their system is that sophisticated.

8. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Yup happy with the 2 month old Sapphire Nitro+ SE 5700XT I grabbed for $450 the other week. Bout a $75 changeover from the old 1070ti. Happy slumming it back here untill good changeover op pops up.

9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

The market will only bear it because of the reviewers and tech press not taking a hard line with Nvidia like they do AMD most of the time. Once upon a time they took a hard line with everyone when a really power hungry card or chip was released but now they hardly do unless it's something stupidly over the top like Fermi.

Hypothetically if AMD released a Big Navi right now and it beat the 3080 for the same price but used a little more power, lets say 350w, AMD would be slaughtered with the typical "hot & loud". Nvidia releases a card that while is faster than the previous gen is also much more of a power hog (especially AIB cards going from reviews I've looked at) and everyone's praising it like the second coming of jebus...

sammy_b0i likes this.
  10. Radley

Radley Member

So who were the lucky ones? I'm glad I sat this one out, it looks identical to the 2080 launch 2 years ago.

11. power

power Member

rubbish AMD got a right royal pasting when they released cards that had an RRP that retailers laughed at and they got gobbled up by miners.

12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

And that hardly happens with Nvidia... The 2000 series was over priced but much of the tech didn't really care because the performance was there and they were pretty decent on power and thermals.

And thousands of people still bought the 2080ti even with the utterly stupid price.

Edit, example of this. How many people in this thread right now bought a 2080ti on release day?

13. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

From what i was reading during the mad dash of 2020 last night most people on here that had money taken and order complete had cart issues and were waiting a long time before process.
    I think you will find heaps of people who think they got "In Stock" cards ended up getting pre-order long after they were sold out.

Expect angry messages later on when the emails roll out.

14. Straferight

Straferight Member

I got a MSI Gaming Trio X for $1499.
    The PLE EVGA's were a much better deal though.

jvalente likes this.
  15. raGneG

raGneG Member

Bought a Zotac to just ride through until better cards are more freely available at a lower price.

But only if there is stock.. 'In stock' should mean the card is actually physically available but 'payment secures queue in position for next available batch' is kinda scary. Will cancel if there isn't a pending shipment.

upload_2020-9-18_8-35-2.png

16. power

power Member

literally everyone said they were over-priced.

SOME bought at the stupid price, nowhere near enough.

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm not in any particular rush. I'll wait out the hype.

Goosegamer and dzajroo like this.
  18. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

MSI Gaming x Trio for $1469.

Mwave reckon it's up to 4 weeks away but not holding my breath to be honest.

19. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

How about everyone grow some ballz. Its only a graphics card for mostly playing childish games.

Boo hoo you missed out, boo hoo other people are making money on something with high demand after they spent years setting up a business how dare they get rewarded for all that investment (insert more first world rants from entitled Australians).

If you cant wait and get upset about this it is a problem and you should see someone about your problem.

Want a deal? Dont buy on release... Like wtf people. $1500 isnt even a lot of money.

20. jvalente

jvalente Member

With the card i got last night. That's my worry is that I paid for it and I get a "ohhh wait" we actually don't have stock. Do you wanna wait 2 months? If that happens I'll cancel. And if PLE don't accept my cancellation. I'll got to my bank to ask for cancel the credit card charge.