NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Just fwiw cancelling an order is not the same thing as a change of mind return. I cancelled my order of a 10900k with PLE earlier this year after other stores were getting stock while they weren't and had no issues getting my money back off them.

I'm sure there are going to be some unhappy campers though with the number of orders it sounds like have gone through, at least there is no eta on the website anymore to lead people on with but I would have thought they'd close off orders.

My order went through at 10:20 (12:20 aest) with number in the 8705xx range and Oct 2 eta. I have seen some other orders in the high 86's so there's a long queue already at that point.

2. raGneG

raGneG Member

3pm i think

FatBoy likes this.
  3. frenzy987

frenzy987 Member

Look out, we have a tough guy here...might be time to unplug buddy

4. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Straferight likes this.
  5. jekel

jekel Member

Websites didn't work for me last night. EVGA prices at PLE look great but not in a hurry and don't want to hand over my money for few months wait possibly.

Fingers crossed to win the Mwave raffle to buy a FE lol, good luck all but I don't have high hopes.

6. Straferight

Straferight Member

7. raGneG

raGneG Member

lol called my local JW at 9am cause they didn't list on site.. just got on and he said 'nah sold out' and i'm like "oh ppl rocked up?" and he was like 'nah online'. I explain there is nothing on their site.. says there is.. ...there isn't! God these launches are a mess.

Edit: starting to think they only show in stock items. But fuck me I refreshed from the get go and nothing ever showed up. No posts about the launch either. Ah whatever.

upload_2020-9-18_9-5-59.png

stroggos2k likes this.
  8. Straferight

Straferight Member

9. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

10. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Or obviously many fake accounts and fake bids.

SSJ4 likes this.
  11. raGneG

raGneG Member

What I just don't get is why they don't wait until there is more stock before launching. They knew the appetite for this was large.. why not avoid the bad launch PR? I get that it's competitive timings etc with AMD but just allow people to pre-order for concrete physical availability rather than 'launch with limited stock'..? Surely they know the production rates at this point in the process and can assign shipments/dates to them.

12. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

Did anyone buy an in stock card from PCCG last night? I got one when it said coming soon and eventually managed to process payment but I never actually saw anything say it was in stock?

Im now a bit skeptical as I got the Gigabyte gaming card minutes after it popped up on the site but never changed to in stock.

13. heslo

heslo Member

lol that's some bullshit

14. The Beast

The Beast Member

15. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

IIRC it's 13% max, their markup well and truly covered that so they pocketed quite a lot.

16. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

They don't give a sh!t lol, they know they will fly out the door no matter what so why would they bother to try to keep people happy ....

Lololol

Skramit and RnR like this.
  17. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Looking out , I see a few groups of people in this morning's aftermath. Some , beaten and bruised, nursing F5key related finger injuries , but ultimately victorious, holding their $1200 prize high in the air with their one remaining good hand.

Another appear externally unscathed, also appear to be holding cards , though some seem to be consealing them. All are walking funny however and appear in pain. A large number seem to be coming from the general direction of CA

Yet the largest group are those sitting the gutter, deflated , holding cash, but seemingly not willing to go through whatever happenend to group 2 and uncertain of the future.

The only sliver of hope for these people today seems to be an mwave Raffle draw. Stay tuned ..

darkbastard, Prangitt, RnR and 3 others like this.
  18. Straferight

Straferight Member

rumor is they had a private invite only initial sale.

19. Sunder

Sunder Member

There was a guy who claimed he had a bot putting ridiculous bids on ebay 3080s, with fake accounts. Trying to burn scalpers.

Herbo and The Beast like this.
  20. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I am at work so I haven't googled etc, what were the prices like on the first units sold? Anyone here scored one?